Cavendish... Dead Last

Red roads and beaches; Discuss LMM's home and inspiration
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Cavendish... Dead Last

Postby Timothy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:18 am

Montgomery's historical Cavendish, the home of Green Gables, ranked dead last on a list of Canada's Top 100 trips...

100. Take a trek to Cavendish, P.E.I., have some delicious potatoes and visit the home of Anne of Green Gables. gov.pe.ca.

Even potatoes get mentioned before Green Gables...

So what places were ranked above Cavendish?

96. For a shopping experience where you are certain to get lost at least once, go to the West Edmonton Mall.
78. Buy a bag of fresh doughnuts at CanWest Park during a Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball game.
72. Visit Chinatown in any city in Canada with a Chinese-speaking friend. Ask lots of questions.

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Postby Shelly » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:06 pm

Also on PEI: Seacow Head lighthouse, the inspiration for Gus's lighthouse on RTA. I have photos of it from my last trip to the Island in 2003, as well as a couple of its old foundation (some time back, the lighthouse was moved back several feet because it was too close to the cliffs).

What was number one?

1. Go whale watching. Visit the whaling station in Port Alice, B.C., on the west side of Vancouver Island. Or board a whale-watching boat in Newfoundland and stare in amazement as a Newfie dog sniffs out the whales. coastalsafari.com, trinityvacations.com, princeofwhales.com, orcaspirit.com

PEI did make the list again...

59. Trudge the beach at Prince Edward Island National Park in August. pc.gc.ca/pn-np/pe/pei-ipe/index_e.asp gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide

Go to Grand Tracadie (which is within the park) and you can also visit Dalvay-by-the-sea (known to us RTA fans as the White Sands Hotel). Across the road from it is the beach used in the opening scene of Anne 2. *nod*

"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Return to “Prince Edward Island”