PEI...beautiful?

Red roads and beaches; Discuss LMM's home and inspiration
AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

PEI...beautiful?

Postby AvonLea » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:55 pm

My mom keeps insisting that she has talked to people who have been to PEI and said it isn't all that beautiful-that Nova Scotia is a more scenic area. I just can't believe it, though. I mean, it was beautiful to Maud. Even if it isn't all that pretty, it is still my favorite. Has anyone here been there? Do you know if it isn't all that pretty?

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Postby Roo18 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:29 pm

I have been to both PEI and Nova Scotia, the provinces are both beautiful in there own way. PEI has fields throughout the province and little towns all around the island. Nova Scotia also has little towns in the provinces and half the province is located around the ocean. Everyone has their own opinion on beautiful. All I can said is to see the provinces for you self. I really enjoy the the cliff in PEI around the island which you can take hours walking around.
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Postby AvonLea » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks-that eases my mind! I hope I can see it someday SOON. :D

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Postby Shelly » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:49 pm

I haven't been to Nova Scotia; but I've been to PEI twice, and I can tell you; it's very beautiful.

Pics from my August 2001 trip / Pics from my August 2003 trip
Last edited by Shelly on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Shinnen
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Postby Shinnen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:27 pm

Was the Avonlea shows filmed at PEI? I thought wherever they filmed the show looked pretty. I've been to Canada once, but just around the border (our family just wanted to be able to say we went there).
O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be. ~George Matheson

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Postby AvonLea » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:13 am

Wow Shelly, thanks. Those are pretty!
Shinnen, not all of "Road to Avonlea" was filmed on PEI. I think alot was done in Ontario and some on Nova Scotia, but I'm not sure. I do know it wasn't all filmed there. But the Presbatyrian Church and Gus's lighthouse are on PEI. :)

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Postby Shelly » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:15 pm

A bit late, but...

99.9% of RTA was shot in Ontario; the other .1% was shot on PEI (mostly scenery stuff). Most of the outdoor stuff was shot in Uxbridge with fronts (only the King Farm house and barn are still around, as they're being lived in; and Pinegrove (?) Church).

http://www.avonleatreasures.com/Filmingsites.html
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Return to “Prince Edward Island”