Visiting PEI - any advice?

Red roads and beaches; Discuss LMM's home and inspiration
mjaclyn
King Farm Hired Hand

Visiting PEI - any advice?

Postby mjaclyn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:36 am

My family and I are looking to visit PEI next summer for the 100th anniversary of LMM & Anne Of Green Gables. Does anyone have any advice on where to stay? We've never been to PEI.
"I am not easily fooled by your work, Felix King. You're up to no good and I know it."

Matheson
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby Matheson » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:15 pm

I've been there. I only went for two nights. I guess it all depends on how long you are going to stay. How long exactly are you planning to stay?
"I'm one of this family just as much as Felicity is, and I don't think she need shut me out of everything..." ~ Cecily King from 'The Golden Road'

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Postby Shelly » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:18 pm

If you can afford it, if you plan to be there for a few days to a week, I suggest getting an "apartment"-type room (two bedrooms) or a cottage. Chances are, it may be cheaper than paying for a bunch of regular rooms (depending on the number of people who are going with you), not to mention they may be equipped with a kitchenette so you'd have the option of making a meal instead of fast food/takeout.

This is where I stayed both times I went there (mid/late August 2001 with my mother, early August 2003 with her and my dad). Both times we got an apartment-type room (two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchenette, living room space). There's a grocery store a couple minutes or so away from there; and there's a boardwalk with stores and a few restaurants (and, I think, a Subway) a short drive away, too.

http://www.peiplay.com ~ This will help, too, methinks.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

laray
Boarding at Biggins'

Postby laray » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:35 am

We stayed in the town/village of Clinton, PEI. A beautiful B&B called Red Road Country Inn. Even during the month of September it was nice to stay a bit away from the more "tourist-y" areas, and have a quiet place in the country to come home to at the end of the day.
I imagine it will be very crowded in PEI during the summer if there are special celebrations going on for the 100th anniversary? Will look forward to hearing from anyone who visits this summer.

ol' gus
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby ol' gus » Fri May 30, 2008 10:08 am

I dont know if you've headed out or not- but.....

the above mentioned Red Road is great! (I dont know if Tom and Priscilla still own it but they're wonderful hosts)
Dalvay-By-The-Sea
Inn at Bay Fortune
West Point Lighthouse (owner is descendant of the original lighthouse keepers)

(also, the Linkletter is supposed to be ok)

and if you can.... look up Revilo's restaurant
This here fiddle goes where I go.. even to th' outhouse- GUS

Return to “Prince Edward Island”