Montgomery for McCain

Discuss the author's literature and life.
TrueChristian
Planted Magic Seeds

Montgomery for McCain

Postby TrueChristian » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:51 am

Our beloved author LM Montgomery, as a conservative, would have clearly voted for John McCain if she were a US citizen and living now.

Obama wants to pull out of Iraq and declare defeat. President Bush has been winning the war against terrorism and spreading democracy in the middle east. McCain, as a war hero and experienced senator, will continue to defeat terrorism. If Obama becomes president, we are going to get hit by terrorists. Joe Biden has admitted this will happen.

I encourage every elligeble us citizen, in the spirit of Lucy Maud Montgomvery, to voet next week for Senator McCain.

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Postby Shelly » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:58 pm

No.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Postby Wild Roses » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:49 pm

McCain might be a war hero, but beyond that, he isn't much else but a hypocrite. This U.S. citizen proudly voted for Obama.

I'm sure Captain Jim would be quite proud of me.
"We couldn't buy the logic that Jesus was the only way. That meant the Buddhists and Hindus who had never even heard of Christ Almighty were doomed to hell, while Ku Klux Klan members were not." From THE HUNDRED SECRET SENSES by Amy Tan.

TrueChristian
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby TrueChristian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:13 am

So you would rather vote for Obama and get hit by terrorists instead of voting for someone experienced who could prevent a terrorits strike?

Shelly

Postby Shelly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:52 pm

You don't know that terrorists would strike with Obama in office. Nor do you know that terrorists would leave the US alone with McCain in office.

And bringing democracy to Iraq? Ha! More like occupation.

Nope. I'm not voting for McCain. (Or Obama.)
foreverzach.net

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Postby Wild Roses » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:31 pm

I can't add much else to what Shelly said.

However, I do have a brother who has gone to Iraq twice. Everyone in my family is proud of my brother's service, but none of us are going to vote for a man who wants to prolong the War in Iraq for "100 years." Even my brother doesn't think we have good reason to be over there.

And, I doubt the terrorists are interested in attacking us the moment. We seem to be doing just fine injuring ourselves what with a tanking economy, jobs being outsourced, civil liberty protections obliterated (or nearly so), torturing prisoners-of-war (many of whom have been falsely charged) and screwing up our reputation in the eyes of other world nations.
"We couldn't buy the logic that Jesus was the only way. That meant the Buddhists and Hindus who had never even heard of Christ Almighty were doomed to hell, while Ku Klux Klan members were not." From THE HUNDRED SECRET SENSES by Amy Tan.

TrueChristian
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby TrueChristian » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:31 am

Obama's own running mate said that they were going to get hit by terrorists, and hes got years of foreign policy experience. And we are bringing democracy to Iraq. Now they can vote for there leader without fear of getting poisoned with nerve gas cant they?

The terrorists haven't attackedus again because President Bush has been beating them. President Bush said we have to fight the terrorists there so we dont have to fight them here and hes been doing that. I think people have forgotten baout 911. Thats why its so imaportant that we vote for McCain like Lucy Maud would have.

Shelly

Postby Shelly » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:23 pm

I will NOT vote for McCain. Nothing you can say is going to change that.

Also: Who are you to say how LMM would've voted if she lived in the States?
foreverzach.net

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Postby Wild Roses » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:02 pm

The terrorists didn't hit us when Bill Clinton was office--they hit us when George W. Bush, a conservative, entered office. If Bush had been paying attention to the memos he gets while he's on vacation, the attack wouldn't have happened in the first place. Also, we're not 'beating' the terrorists. In Afghanistan, they have regrouped.

And, why haven't be bombed and invaded other countries where dictators still rule? Why is Iraq so important that it gets singled out but not the other countries where dictators hurt their people?

At least Obama has foreign policy experience. What is Sarah Palin's? She can see Russia from her house. (She also has less political experience than Obama. He has years as a community organizer, President of the Harvard Law Review, was in the Illoinois State Senate, and in Senate. Palin only has two years as mayor of a town smaller than where I live, and two years as gov.) Furthermore, you are twisting Biden's words.

I am so sick of McCain's years as a POW being trotted out. What about the fact that he cheated on his first wife--a wife who waited for his return home for years, only to get dumped so he can marry a rich woman who stole drugs from her charity to feed her addiction. What about his role in the Keating scandal in the 1980s? What about the fact that he has more votes on veteran benefits than has Tim Johnson (who was in a coma!). McCain is a veteran--but somehow can't make it to DC to enable a bill on veteran benefits to get passed.

I don't think anybody in the U.S. has forgotten about 9/11. However, it was SEVEN years ago. You want to know a tragedy that doesn't get enough attention? Hurricane Katrina. New York City has come back from the ashes, New Orleans is still stuck in the shams.

Montgomery may have been a conservative, but she was a Canadian. Based on her books, she only a had fleeting interest in US politics.

TrueChristian
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby TrueChristian » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:42 am

Alquaida bombed the US Cole while Clinton was in office and he failed two chances to kill Bin Laden. The Bush administration said they warned the airline industry about a possible attack. You'lljust have to take Pres. Bushs word for it.

We are beating the terrorists. They have not attacked us again, have they? This is because President Bush has them on the run or in hiding incaves. But Presient Bush doesnt get credit for that? He was the most popular president in modern history and now everyones forgotten about that because the economies bad.

Palin isn't running for president, McCain is, so it isnt as importnatn that she has foreign policy experience. Ronald Reagan was another governor without foreign experience and he defeated communism and was one of the greatest presidents.

Montgomery would have voted for McCain if she were still alive and a US citizen because she supported world war I--Another war against evil. She didn't believe in the cut and run strategy.

Shelly

Postby Shelly » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Wild Roses wrote:And, why haven't be bombed and invaded other countries where dictators still rule? Why is Iraq so important that it gets singled out but not the other countries where dictators hurt their people?

*nods* What more needs to be done there? Sadaam Hussein is dead, so are his sons. Why the eff are our troops still there? IMO, they need to come home! (Actually, they shouldn't have been there in the first place.)

On the other hand, the US did "cut and run" in Afghanistan. Now? The Taliban has risen back to a place of power.

WR also wrote:I don't think anybody in the U.S. has forgotten about 9/11. However, it was SEVEN years ago. You want to know a tragedy that doesn't get enough attention? Hurricane Katrina. New York City has come back from the ashes, New Orleans is still stuck in the shams.

Montgomery may have been a conservative, but she was a Canadian. Based on her books, she only a had fleeting interest in US politics.

More *nodding*. IMO, the US needs to direct its energies toward fixing the mess in its own backyard and direct its energies to rebuilding the Gulf Coast regions (even Ike this year caused a good deal of devastation).

Also, generally speaking, if you look at conservative ideals in Canada in general, and compare them to conservative ideals in the States, theirs would seem more liberal by comparison. Overall, Canada is a much more liberal country than the US. And yes, she was more concerned about the politics of her native Canada than she was about what was happening Stateside. Even her journals reflect this.

I voted. Not for McCain. Not for Obama. But I voted.

TC wrote:Palin isn't running for president, McCain is, so it isnt as importnatn that she has foreign policy experience.

But she is practically a heartbeat away from the Oval Office, should the Repub ticket win. McCain is 72 and doesn't exactly have a rosy health record, you know.

Meanwhile: A big reason Canada was involved in WW1 was because it didn't have a choice in the matter. At the time, if England declared war (which it did), Canada was involved automatically. However, to many Canadians--Maud included--they felt they had a sense of duty to the British Empire to support them. Opposing the war was taboo.

Canada didn't have the ability to declare war independently until the early 1930s; and even then, it would still enter WW2 shortly after the British did, as the sense of obligation was still there.

I voted. Not for McCain or Obama. But I voted.
foreverzach.net

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Postby Wild Roses » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:22 pm

The Bush administration said they warned the airline industry about a possible attack. You'lljust have to take Pres. Bushs word for it.

No, he didn't. In Aug, 2001, he was on vacation in Texas. He got a memo saying Al Queda was planning to attack the U.S. and ignored. The 9/11 Commission Report (a bipartisan investigation and report) put the blame the on Bush for ignoring that memo. Furthermore, the Cole attacks didn't happen within the US. 9/11 did.

Bush the most popular president? Since when? I've followed his poll numbers for the past 8 years and the only time he's been popular is after 9/11. Since launching the war in Afghanistan, his polls have gone steadily downhill ever since. He barely beat John Kerry in 04. He helped the Republicans lose Congressional majority due to a variety of bad mistakes.

We are beating the terrorists. They have not attacked us again, have they?

Seeing as how I actually have a brother who is a marine, and who is privy to intelligence that you are not, Holly, I think I'll take his word over yours.

I notice you avoided my questions about McCain's adultery. I grew up a Christian. I know it was considered a sin. Why is not, now, Holly?

Word to Shelly's entire post.

Also, Montgomery was not a war mongler. Her journals reveal a hatred of war. She had mixed feelings about World War 1 and the advent of World War 2 caused her such mental distress it has been implied as quickening her death. She was not the blind patriot you make her out to be.

Honestly, TrueChristian at least go grab some biographies on LMM and her journals AND READ THEM before you go about making such falsehoods. I'm just waiting for you to praise Montgomery for being a Christian when she was not. (Her journals detail her skepticism and her mockery of Christianity.)

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Postby Wild Roses » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 pm

BARACK OBAMA WON! BARACK OBAMA WON! WHEEE!

TrueChristian
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby TrueChristian » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 am

The Bush administration said that they warned the airline industries about a possible attack. The airline industry denies it. It just depends on who you believe. I believe Presidnet Bush.

If you don't want to include the uss cole bombing, then how about the first world trade center bombing. That happened in 1993 also on President Clinton's watch.

President Bush had a 90-percent approval rating in fall 2001. This is the highest of any president in modern history. He was more popular than Franklin Rooselevelt, John Kennedy and even the great Ronald Reagan. Now the economy is bad and everyone turns on him. I guess they forgot about making sacrifices and that he was winning the war on terror.

McCain did commit a sin with the adultery and it was wrong. But now hes living a good decent life. If you want to dig up the past, then lets talk about Obama's connections with William Ayers. Ayers is a terrorist who planned the bombing of a building in the US.

You dont have to be a war monger to support war and vote for war. This is what Montgomery did. Just because she hated war in her journals doesn't mean shes doesn't vote in favor of war to support the troops and support the empire against evil in world war 1.

Montgomery would be disappointed that McCain lost. I guess I have to wait until 2012 for Palin to become president and the country gets back on the right track.

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Postby Wild Roses » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 am

Palin the president in 2012? HA HA HA!

She's been reduced to a laughing stock. According to all polls, she is one of the prime reasons McCain lost the Presidency. You're living in the Land of Delusions if you think the Republican Party is going to let her run for any position of power in the next few years. She has to get back in the party's good graces before they'll stand behind her.

By the way, Americans spoke largely in favor of the Democrats:

A 56 seat majority in the Senate and a 253 majority in the House so far.

You are young clearly and only basing your knowledge of history on the George W. Bush administration of that whole 8 years only on 9/11. Well, dear, Presidents (and their parties) are judged by their ENTIRE term(s). I noticed you avoid mentioning Hurricane Katrina like it is the plague. That was even greater tragedy than 9/11. Even many New Yorkers said so.

You mention the first Trade Center bombing under Clinton. Yes, that happened but it was nowhere near a disaster in terms of human lives losts as the bombing under Bush. Furthermore, Clinton did things in place that would protect Americans without sending people to war. Nor did he violate anybody's Constitutional rights to protect Americans.

Anyway, Barack Obama's the President-elect, the Democats hold majorities in Congress, and the Republican party got a sound spanking from the American people. There is nothing you can do about TrueChristian, so quit whining. You're party has had 8 years to clean America up and you didn't. Stop being a sore loser and appreciate the historical moment of a biracial man finally winning the Presidency. If you love John McCain so much, you ought to look at his concession speech as an example of graciousness.

I'll let Shelly enlighten you on how LMM couldn't have voted for Canada to enter into WW1 since Canada was a nation under the the British Empire. (But you are making yourself look like a history-ignorant idiot everytime you perpetrate the idea that LMM could have 'voted' to participate in WW1.)

Return to “LM Montgomery and her Works”