Not sure if this is the right spot

Share Avonlea and LMM related websites here.
Sierradane
King Farm Hired Hand

Not sure if this is the right spot

Postby Sierradane » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:17 am

I know this site is mainly about Road to Avonlea, but without Anne of Green Gables probably there wouldn't have been further books.

Anyway...

Other than loving the series and books, something else that I do with my spare time is to play a game called The Sims 2. For those that have never heard of that, you can build houses and create people or SIMS as they are called, to live in them.

There's a forum where you can download houses, SIMS, objects, etc and at that site are two versions of the GREEN GABLES house if anyone would want to check it out:

I have just found this particular house, so not sure how well it is played. It looks pretty close to the pictures:

This one is one that I have actually in my game and it might not be totally acurate with the insides of the house in the movies, but it's a cute little house:

Also if you want your Sims to be dressed like the people of Prince Edward Island whether you create an Anne or a Felicity, here is where you can download the clothes for that time period (and other time periods):

Here is for the "prairie" era:

which has a dress that might be better for a young Felicity or Anne:

Image[/code]

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Postby Timothy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Nice work putting together the Green Gables house and for sharing those links. Did you play Sims online when it was still active?

Jan from also has SIMS on her website (Click 'The Sims' on the left side menu) that are custom designed for Avonlea. The character clothing is highly detailed and can be instantly recognized from the series. There is also wallpaper from the houses that is a nice addition.

Sierradane
King Farm Hired Hand

Postby Sierradane » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:15 pm

I never got into play the Sims online but I did play another online game: Everquest. After about 5 years of that, I began the proceedings of getting married. My future husband played EQ online as well and I quit the game. I took up EQ2 for about 4 months but quit that as well.

I certainly will check out the site that you have listed.

Sierradane
King Farm Hired Hand

Postby Sierradane » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Great site, however the Sims she has is for Sims1. I used to play that but am now with Sims2. Wish I had found that site when I was playing the other one.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Postby Timothy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:58 pm

Oh, that's right. I wasn't sure if the skins from the first game could be used or modified for Sims 2.

Return to “Avonlea Sites”