Gema Zamprogna ?

Discuss the latest Avonlea actor, actress, and crew related news.
GreenTree
Pat's Meow

Re: Gema Zamprogna ?

Postby GreenTree » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:17 pm

The article I read was dated 2008 and her last acting credit was Murdoch Mysteries in 2008(IMBD).
I should have clarified that earlier.

janbo
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby janbo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:30 am

I think Gema is very talented actress ( she showed us in RTA ), and it's a bit sad she doesn't act anymore, and all her latest acts were only guest roles.. but that's her life and she knows what's best for her..
She was one of my favorite actors in RTA ( with Sarah and Jackie )

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Postby hannikan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah, given that she was active after RTA and still has done small guest roles even after having children, I would expect her to be active again in a few years. Some of the other RTA actors, I'm not sure. Heather Brown (Izzy) works with autistic children now, hasn't acted in about 10 years and just had her first child less than a year ago. Zachary Ansley (Arthur) is a lawyer now and hasn't acted in a long time. But you never know whether they may pick it up again.
ImageImageImageImage

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Postby Shelly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:40 pm

"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

GreenTree
Pat's Meow

Postby GreenTree » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Its unfortunate that almost all the RTA cast (not counting Sarah Polley or Jackie Burroghs) never had any other major acting roles after the series ended. Its too bad because they were all equally talented and could have had better roles in film and television.

Shelly

Postby Shelly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Define "major".

GreenTree
Pat's Meow

Postby GreenTree » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Like starring roles in well known movies or television and not Tv Movies or TV guest star on the CBC for example.

GreenTree
Pat's Meow

Postby GreenTree » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:01 am

Don't get me wrong the other roles that some of the avonlea cast got are great. There just not big on the terms of what Sarah Polley(Jackie Burroghs in her lifetime) has achieved. Many have preffered to stick to stage work and others (notably Zachary Bennett) have switched to the music industry.

Shelly

Postby Shelly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:17 pm

hannikan

Postby hannikan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:17 pm

I wish the other actors besides Sarah Polley and Jackie Burroughs had more exposure, too. I agree the others are just as talented. But I think the roles and productions they have been in, at these those I have seen, are good.
ImageImageImageImage

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Postby The Chef » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 am

Peronally I feel that David Fox was the better actor. Can't remember a single scene where he seemed to be 'acting'. Almost all of the others seemed to 'lose touch' now and then, Gema included.
A man fell in a deep pit and suffered greatly. A Buddhist said: 'Meditate and ignore your circumstances.' A Hindu said: 'You must have bad karma, you deserve your fate.' But Jesus had pity on the man, climbed down and rescued him.

janbo
Planted Magic Seeds

Postby janbo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:16 pm

I've just found a new Gema's interview from 2011.

She talks about her acting and cancing careers, RTA, growing up, etc...
Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TvVIkSMUF8

Oh and she didn't change that much... Sweet Gema :)

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Postby Timothy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks Janbo. I didn't realize that Gema originally auditioned for Sally Potts. That fills in some details to the article about how she came to play Felicity. I knew that casting director Anne Tait tracked Gema down at the airport as she was about to leave to film the Challengers but I didn't know they followed her to Winnipeg.

We can thank Anne Tait for being persistent when everyone was telling her "She's going to Winnipeg, just give up on her."

It's kind of funny when the interviewer asks if The Challengers broadened her world wide audience.

hannikan

Postby hannikan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for the video link! There is an interview of Gema (when she's probably 13) on the S1 widescreen DVDs where she talks about them coming to Winnipeg and having her audition in her hotel room. She was pretty shocked they did that. It is funny to think that she and Tara Meyer really were switched! :lol: I agree it was funny that the interviewer asked if the Challengers exposed her to an international audience. I mean it did air on the Disney Channel but it isn't exactly a household name... :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Avonlea Chronicle”