Slings and Arrows

Discuss the latest Avonlea actor, actress, and crew related news.
Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Slings and Arrows

Postby Gwendolene » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 am

Is anyone else obsessed with this show? I just discovered it on Netflix and I don't think I have ever laughed so much at a television show in my life! Plus it has lots of Avonlea alum (Sarah and Michael Polley, Jackie Burrows, Jonathan Crombie, the actress who plays "Selena Dale" (Can't remember her name) and probably more that I've missed...

It is rather "R" rated, though. Not for kids.
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Slings and Arrows

Postby hannikan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 pm

I think there was a thread about this show on the Sullivan forum... let me see if I can link it...okay I can't find it but it was discussed there at one point within the last year. I have not seen it but it sounds interesting.
ImageImageImageImage

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Postby Shelly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:53 pm

The original thread may've been lost or something. I dunno.

I own Season 1 on DVD and want to get the other two so bad. I know Ovation is showing it now in the States (it aired in first-runs on Sundance over here, which I don't have).

When was Jackie in it? She's definitely not in S1. Oh, and Catherine Fitch was Selena on RTA. Sarah's only in Season 3 -- her first regular/recurring role on series television since RTA.

"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Postby Gwendolene » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Jackie made a few appearances in Season 2. I haven't seen all of season 3 yet, so I'm not sure if she comes back or not. It was a very tough call between RTA or Slings and Arrows at Borders today, but in the end I went with RTA. Slings is easier to find at a reasonable price.

Return to “Avonlea Chronicle”