Where's my hat? You old bat...

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
OldBat
Boarding at Biggins'

Where's my hat? You old bat...

Post by OldBat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:48 am

Salutations!

I'm very glad to be a member of an Avonlea forum, as I've never been in contact with other fans of Avonlea until now.

I've been a fan of this show since I was around 11 or 12, can't remember exactly when.

I am now 27, and I am in graduate school for library information science.

I took my forum name from the multi-part episodes with Joe Pitts when she called Aunt Hetty an old bat. That line always made me laugh.

Glad to be here and looking forward to many lively discussion about the greatest show ever made!

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Re: Where's my hat? You old bat...

Post by AvonLea » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:58 am

[quote="OldBat"]Salutations!

I'm very glad to be a member of an Avonlea forum, as I've never been in contact with other fans of Avonlea until now.

I've been a fan of this show since I was around 11 or 12, can't remember exactly when.

I am now 27, and I am in graduate school for library information science.

I took my forum name from the multi-part episodes with Joe Pitts when she called Aunt Hetty an old bat. That line always made me laugh.

Glad to be here and looking forward to many lively discussion about the greatest show ever made![/quote]

Halleluiah to that! Welcome, OldBat. :) I like the title of your thread-very creative. I think you'll like this forum-everyone is real friendly and inclusive. I've only been an Avonlea fan for about a year but I really do like it! I'm 14 and I'm just going through the 8th grade. :oops: Very nice to have you here!

OldBat
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by OldBat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Ah....Avonlea is a wonderful guiding light for those turbulent teenage years.

I directly credit Avonlea with keeping me on track and not getting into bad things or falling into the peer pressure trap.

Just ask yourself, would Aunt Hettie approve? Haha, she doesn't approve of anything! Ok...ask yourself, would Uncle Alec approve?

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Hmmm...good advice! I bet it could help me too (when I need help). I'm a pretty good kid... :wink: Or I usually think, "Would Jesus approve?". But anyways, I really like your username.

Shinnen
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by Shinnen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 am

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. :D I like your username too.

I'm 17, going to be 18. I'll be graduating this year. I've thought about studying to be a librarian too, but I'm still not sure. :) I started watching the shows sometime around the end of last year.
O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be. ~George Matheson

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 am

Oh, Shinnen, that would be fun! I volunteer at a library every week and the librarians all know eachother and are really nice and all. :) I think you'd be good at it, too.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:25 pm

Welcome OldBat! We're glad to have ya aboard. 'But When She Was Bad...' was one of my favorite Avonlea episodes. Jo Pitts in fact, is in one of our latest polls for her song in those episodes.

Shinnen

Post by Shinnen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:48 pm

Thanks, AvonLea. I'm atleast hoping to work part-time at my library, but the positions are all full.
The librarians are really nice here too. :D I think that's what would make working there nice.
O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be. ~George Matheson

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm

You should come down to my library-we have three positions listed on our bulletin board. I almost wish I was 16 so I could take one, but I'm busy enough and happy with my age. :)

OldBat
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by OldBat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:20 am

Timothy wrote:Welcome OldBat! We're glad to have ya aboard. 'But When She Was Bad...' was one of my favorite Avonlea episodes. Jo Pitts in fact, is in one of our latest polls for her song in those episodes.
I really enjoyed those episodes, but I've heard from many people that they were some of their least favorites. I think the part of Jo Pitts really showed off Sarah Polly's ability to play diverse roles.

That song always makes me laugh, especially the sheer horror on Aunt Hettie's face as she's singing it!

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:13 am

OldBat wrote: I really enjoyed those episodes, but I've heard from many people that they were some of their least favorites. I think the part of Jo Pitts really showed off Sarah Polly's ability to play diverse roles.
I've heard the same thing. The episodes have almost everything - mystery, excitement, intrigue, a villain... It could be that people want romance in the story?

So far, with over a hundred votes, these episodes are ranked around the middle of their respective third seasonin the 'Rate the Avonlea Episodes' section.
OldBat wrote: That song always makes me laugh, especially the sheer horror on Aunt Hettie's face as she's singing it!

I know what you mean. She didn't appear to pleased either when she crawled out of the lake. I think that's the closest Hetty came to going crazy.

Shinnen

Post by Shinnen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:38 am

I tend to pick a favorite of something that has humour in it, so I'm sure I'd like it anyway. I think the plot with the girls switching would be interesting enough for me. :)

That is wonderful to be content with your age, AvonLea. We can only be teens once. :wink:

Georgiana
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Georgiana » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:09 am

Welcome :D .

Oldbats
Found work at the Cannery

Post by Oldbats » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:03 am

I am back!

For some reason, I could no longer log on to my Oldbat account, despite having the password reset (not that I forgot the password to begin with).

Looking forward to more rousing conversation about our dear old Avonlea!
"I honor value and I value honor" --Gus Pike

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:31 am

Oldbats wrote:I am back!

For some reason, I could no longer log on to my Oldbat account, despite having the password reset (not that I forgot the password to begin with).

Looking forward to more rousing conversation about our dear old Avonlea!
Glad to have you back Oldbats! :)