Where's my hat? You old bat...

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:17 am

Yaaay, you're back! I was wondering why you weren't posting. :)

Oldbats
Found work at the Cannery

Post by Oldbats » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:55 am

Ah.....school is keeping me quite busy. My classes are mostly online, so I have to keep up with the discussion board for school as well. Of course, I'd much rather be spending my days wandering across the beaches, roads, and gables of Avonlea!

I'm really enjoying the quotations game that Timothy started. It's 11 pages long now...wow! :lol:
"I honor value and I value honor" --Gus Pike

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:12 pm

OldBat wrote:
Timothy wrote:Welcome OldBat! We're glad to have ya aboard. 'But When She Was Bad...' was one of my favorite Avonlea episodes. Jo Pitts in fact, is in one of our latest polls for her song in those episodes.
I really enjoyed those episodes, but I've heard from many people that they were some of their least favorites. I think the part of Jo Pitts really showed off Sarah Polly's ability to play diverse roles.

That song always makes me laugh, especially the sheer horror on Aunt Hettie's face as she's singing it!
Its one of my favorites, too! I think the part where Aunt Hetty comes out of the lake is one of the all time best moments in RTA!
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:58 am

Gwendolene wrote:

Its one of my favorites, too! I think the part where Aunt Hetty comes out of the lake is one of the all time best moments in RTA!

That's true,Gwendolene!Even afterwards when they return to rose cottage,the look on Hetty's face when she sees Sarah!Just hilarious!
Jackie is such a great actress!
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king