How I became obsessed with road to avonlea

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
vera
Planted Magic Seeds

How I became obsessed with road to avonlea

Post by vera » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi everyone. My name's Vera and I just joined.
My interest in road to avonlea started with an obsession with the Anne of Green Gables series. I had read the first one when I was about nine and loved it. When I was fourteen my mom got a box set of all eight of the Anne of Green Gables novels. She thought I might like them so she lent them to me to read. Needless to say like was an understatment. I read them all in a few weeks and then kept borrowing them to re-read my favourite parts. My mom has since given them to me. Anyways, a few years ago I discovered youtube. I found you could find videos on just about anything. Naturally I tried typing in Anne of Green Gables and spent the next few hours watching music videos about the movie. Eventually I noticed that under related videos there was something called Road to Avonlea. I discovered several youtube users had posted full episodes. After watching a few I was hooked. I spent the next few months searching the internet for anything I could find on Road to Avonlea. In total I found 44 episodes and hundreds of clips, movies and quotes. Finally, about a month ago, my family was given a fairly large amount of money and mom decided to treat everyone to something- she got my sister a ninetendo wii, her and my step dad went on vacation to england, and I got all seven seasons of road to avonlea. I have now watched all the episodes and am a devoted fan to all things avonlea.

andrea
Found work at the Cannery

hi

Post by andrea » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:48 pm

hi thanks for answering my topic. i heard of the road to avonlea from
a church called mount vernon. they had a library and road to avonlea
tapes were in there. i'm not sure if i watched them or checked them out or if my sister did, i don't know. i did the last time i went there.
i also heard of it when i was reading fanfiction about it and not really knowing
who the characters were. when i wanted to know it, i searched and found
out what i wanted. after a while i asked my uncle to order two video tapes
of the show. the episodes on the two tapes were How Kissing Was
Discovered Aunt Hetty's Ordeal Return To Me and So Dear To My Heart.
i haven't really seen any of the other episodes, i really want to see them.
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord
Jesus and believe in your heart that God has
raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

vera
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by vera » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:57 pm

I can tell you where I found the episodes that got me so addicted. The best place to look is youtube. http://www.youtube.com At the top of the screen type in "road to avonlea" There's a lot of full episodes posted by users kaazamestia and enjoyouyube.
Also try going to http://www.sullivanmovies.com Look at "Jasper and Olivia's Secret Romance" and "Gus and Felicity: An Enduring Friendship" for episodes specifically about those two couples.
Finally go to http://www.veoh.com and search road to avonlea. Here you can find three full episodes but to watch all of it you have to sign up and download something (it's totally free-and in my opinion- totally worth it).
Well, I hope this helps you out and thanks for replying to my post!
Happy watching!

vera
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by vera » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:02 pm

Hey I just wanted to tell you I just realised that they completely changed the sullivan movies website and they no longer have the episodes. Sorry. Still definately go to the other sites-youtube is the best one.

andrea

thank you

Post by andrea » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:48 am

thanks for the links. i asked my uncle to order me another avonlea tape.
it has the Sea Ghost and All That Glitters on it. thank you again vera.
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord
Jesus and believe in your heart that God has
raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

SPELLBINDER
Bright Station Arrival

I TOO CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THE SERIES

Post by SPELLBINDER » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:15 am

WELL, I STUMBLED UPON THE SERIES BY DOING A SARA POLLEY SEARCH. I HAD SEEN HER IN A MOVIE AND THOUGHT SHE WAS A GREAT ACTRESS. AND I GOT THE DVD TALES FROM AVONLEA. WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE W/ MY DAUGHTER ENJOYED IT, BUT THEN PUT IT AWAY BECAUSE OF BEING BUSY...THEN I DECIDED TO BREAK IT OUT AGAIN TO SEE THE OTHER EPISODES...THAT WAS ENOUGH I WAS HOOKED...I AM CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF VOL 5...CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW IT ALL GOES...I WISH THERE WERE MORE EPISODES....I LOVE THE OLD STYLE SETTINGS....THE KIDS ARE MY FAVORITE...I LOVE WATCHING THEM GROW UP.....
THIS IS PERHAPS THE BEST SERIES EVER..I LOVE WATCHING THE KIDS GROW....WHAT A GREAT SETTING I THE OLD TIME....

Mel
Bright Station Arrival

Post by Mel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:43 pm

I love road to Avonlea sooo much. Ive watched every episode, some multiple times and have just finished watched Happy Christmas Miss King. I came upon the series after watching Anne of Green Gables on youtube and finding it in related videos. Now that i really have watched them all i was looking for something else and i found this forum. Im only 14 so i couldnt watch it when it was on tv but my mother did. :( i cant believe its over, so sad.

Marina

Post by Marina » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:40 pm

I was 12, spending summer holidays with my parents somewhere on Croatian coast. My mom took me to the bookstore because she wanted to buy me something I could read at the beach (I always enjoyed reading), and the lady at the bookstore looked at me and said she has the book a girl my age would enjoy. It was Anne of Green Gables by LMM.
I just couldn`t stop reading it!
Just a few days later, RTA was first aired on Croatian television! (talking about coincidences) Naturally, I fell in love with Avonlea!

Jess
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Jess » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I was really young, too, when I got hooked on Anne of Green Gables, and I remember getting one of those boxed sets of books and reading every one. I am now hooked on the Tales of Avonlea and am looking forward to expanding my collection. I only have two tapes that happened across one day and love them. I love the simplicity of the times and the beautiful scenery and OH! the music! Love the music!

8)
If you only knew the things I want to say but don't you'd give me some credit.