Introducing myself

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
Brent
Boarding at Biggins'

Introducing myself

Post by Brent » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 am

Hello! My name IS Brent and I watched Avonlea on TV when it was originally aired. I MIGHT have missed one or two episodes, but that's all. I'm 63 and my wife is 52. We're now watching the shows again on DVD and I still feel it was one of the best shows yet aired on TV. The location ,scenery , and costumes just adds to the appeal this show has for us.
MY favorite character is probably Felicity. My wife like Gus. We both think Davy was the worst character in the series. And we both think a little bit of Sarah (Stanley AND Polley) goes a long way-----.
Question: Did the actresses and actors actually "get along" with each other during the filming? I ask only because Polley may have been a bit difficult to deal with as she began to leave the show (??)

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi Brent. As far as I know and what's been said by fellow cast members and Sullivan, Sarah was always professional during the filming. Her disputes are generally with directors/producers afterwards or even years later, as in the case with her public dispute with Terry Gilliam regarding her treatment during the filming of 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.'

There were minor arguments/yelling between actors and friends Jackie Burroughs and Mag Ruffman. Probably the biggest professional rivalry on the show was between Jackie and Lally Cadeau.

Brent
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Brent » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 am

THanks! Glad to hear that. I know how actors can act and still hide their utter distaste for each other--witness Laverne and Shirley, Suzanne Sommers on Three's Company, etc.