Hi

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
Jess
Boarding at Biggins'

Hi

Post by Jess » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Wow, when did I first see Anne of Green Gables? I'm getting pretty old now, but i think it was in the late 70's when PBS first aired it and I instantly fell in love with it and Anne of Avonlea. Unfortunately, I was too busy working all the time when the Road to Avonlea shows were on, so I only just found them a couple years ago. I found two used vhs in the second hand store and love them both as much as the original shows.

I am an fiddler so you can imagine how happy I was to find I bought one that featured Gus Pike! Felicity's First Kiss and Aunt Hetty's Ordeal. I taught myself to play some of the music just by listening to and watching them over and over and over. I think Gus is cute, too! :lol:
If you only knew the things I want to say but don't you'd give me some credit.

elaine
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by elaine » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Welcome!

Actually, Anne of Green Gables aired in 1985, so it wasn't as long ago as you thought. ^_^ (I was at the tender age of -2, so I didn't see until a good 14 years later in grade 7 and Road to Avonlea came some time during secondary school).

I think it's wonderful you play the violin. I certainly wish I could. =) It's a bit of a shame Gus doesn't pull out that fiddle as often in later seasons.