Hi from PEI!

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
GinnyK
Bright Station Arrival

Hi from PEI!

Post by GinnyK » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi everyone,
I just discovered this site/forum the other day, and I was excited to see so many fans of Road to Avonlea, and L.M. Montgomery in general. I was born and raised on Prince Edward Island, and still live here. My hometown is very close to the area of PEI known as "Anne's Land", which of course refers to Cavendish, Park Corner, etc...all the communities that house attractions relating to Avonlea and Montgomery's works. Despite being a fan of Montgomery's works for as long as I can remember, I have only recently become a fan of Road to Avonlea. I was quite young when the series was first aired, so I only became a fan by watching the reruns which have been on CTV for the past few years. Anyway, as I've already mentioned, it's great to see that many people are still a fan of this great show. If anyone has any questions about PEI and the LMM attractions, I can do my best to answer :) Cheers!

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Hi from PEI!

Post by hannikan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Welcome! I was fortunate enough to visit PEI in summer of 2009. I want to go back! Now I'm curious if we went to your town. We went through much of central PEI. The next time we go we want to spend some time in East and West PEI, too.
ImageImageImageImage

janbo
Planted Magic Seeds

Re: Hi from PEI!

Post by janbo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 am

Hello Ginny K :)

Wow,.. great for you to live there... I wish I live there or at least, visit it someday, .. but it is so far away from me ( I live in Serbia, the country in central-south Europe ).. But I really want to visit it so much... Strange, but I feel that place, that mentality and way of living, is like my home...
I have question.. how does life seem in PEI ? Are things changed a lot from what we read and saw it was 100 years ago ? Did it keep that perfect untuched beauty ?