Hello Kindred Spirits!

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
lanternhill
Bright Station Arrival

Hello Kindred Spirits!

Post by lanternhill » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 pm

I first caught RTA on Disney one afternoon in 1990 or 91 when I was sick & channel surfing. The episode was "Quarrantine at Alexander Abraham's". I loved it and became a fan of the show. Around the same time, I saw both 'Anne' movies. Loved them as well. But alas, forgot about them as I was in High School & my social life took front seat over everything else. About 10 years later I got a job in a bookstore and we had an entire shelf of L.M. Montgomery paperbacks. I remembered the RTA show and the 'Anne' movies, and decided to read AofGG for the first time. I loved it. Began devouring all of her books, and was also delighted to discover that RTA had been on for 7 seasons. They weren't on DVD at the time, and only selected episodes were on VHS. I ordered them all. It's been another 10 years, and I am re-reading all the books by L.M. Montgomery again, and am delighted that all 7 seasons of RTA are on remastered DVD. I'm slowly ordering them on Amazon and watching them in order. I'm also delighting in the many 'Anne' related books that have come out since the 100th anniversary in 2008. Just discovered this page and forum and wanted to say hello!