The First Time You Saw Avonlea

Drop by and tell us when you started watching the series and why you love Avonlea.
AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:03 am

:lol: Considering everything else that is sold I'm surprised, too. We could always write and ask for them...an anniversary present! Wouldn't that be something?

OldBat
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by OldBat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:26 am

AlecKing, that is a really great story. I'm kinda the same way; not too interested in marriage. But if I ever met someone who loved Avonlea as much as I do, I'd definitely consider it!

You remind me of Hetty and Mr. Tremayne's romance....both were committed bachelors. I have often quoted the line that Mr. Tremayne says to Felix when Felix is love-sick over Izzy, "Whenever I get that feeling, I read a good book until it passes" (not exact wording).

I am looking into moving to Canada, actually. I'm curious, how hard was it to become a citizen there?

CharmingOlivia
Bright Station Arrival

First Time I have been transported to Avonlea

Post by CharmingOlivia » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:32 pm

I was ten years old and I watched Megan Followers as Anne Shirley in 'Anne of Green Gables'; I have read every Anne book that Lucy Maud Montgomery since than. I was so happy that Disney channel added the hit series "Road to Avonlea" to their program listing.

I was in Heaven every week when I could escape every day life and be transported to victorian day Avonlea. :lol:

I loved the entire King family best but I have to admit that Olivia was my faviote character. I was so happy that she fell in love and married "the awkard man" Jasper Dale. I love how she stood up to Hetty in defense of Jasper whenever Hetty saw fit to insult him.

Felix had always been my faviorte among the children. I loved watching him go through his boy hood and grow into the man that he had become in "An Avonlea Christmas".
"Honestly Hetty, sometimes I think you could wither buds on the vine" - Olivia

"What do you think she's gonna do, put a hex on the hens?" - Olivia talking to Hetty after Hetty gets upset that Peg Bowen is trespassing on the king farm.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 pm

Welcome CharmingOlivia and everyone who has joined recently. :)

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:14 pm

Ah man, you beat me to it, Timothy! I was going to say welcome, but I couldn't get it to go to the posting screen. Anyways, welcome! New members! So is Olivia your favorite character?

Oldbats
Found work at the Cannery

Post by Oldbats » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:07 am

Aunt Olivia is a very dear character. I loved her romance with Jasper. I especially loved the episode in which the children think that Jasper is a vampire.

Felix was also a great character to what develop. I especially loved his idea for "Felix's Tea House". I really enjoyed watching Izzy and Felix's romance develop, and I was sad when the series ended without much chance to see anything more of their story.

Welcome home!
"I honor value and I value honor" --Gus Pike

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:18 pm

Oldbats wrote:Felix was also a great character to what develop. I especially loved his idea for "Felix's Tea House". I really enjoyed watching Izzy and Felix's romance develop, and I was sad when the series ended without much chance to see anything more of their story.
Yes, I was always a bit sad that the tearoom storyline didn't go anywhere. It would have been nice to see the Fizz settle down with a tearoom!
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:14 pm

It would have been nice to see the Fizz settle down anywhere!

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:39 am

Hey, I'm new to this forum but I've visited the website many times. Great job!

The first time I saw Road to Avonlea... my parents used to watch it sometimes on TV when it first aired in Canada, but I was too young to remember. Then a few--maybe 5 or so--years ago I saw previews taken from "Proof of the Pudding" on the Anne of Green Gables video and thought, "Hey, that looks like something I should watch sometime." Some time after that, I learned that my neighbors had some episodes on VHS, so I watched all I could get my hands on and I was HOOKED. So hooked I went and bought 6 seasons worth so I could see ALL the shows.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Welcome Lady Jeanne. :)

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forum lady Jeanne!
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king