Hearts and Flowers

Comment and grade episodes from the series.
Anna
Bright Station Arrival

Hearts and Flowers

Post by Anna » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:01 am

I thought this episode was hilarious. One of my favorite parts was when Hetty comments on someone cutting her salad with a knife and fork and,
"Flapping your arms like an emu in full gallop!"

I laughed so hard. :lol:

Also, the bird in this episode was pretty funny. You have to laugh when the bird keels over, squaking, after Felix says, "Polly want a cracker?" Slightly morbid, yes, but still funny.

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 am

Welcome Anna!

I didn't care for Hearts and Flowers much the first time I watched it but the second time I loved it. The bird part is hilarious! I just wish Felicity and Gus got their dance :cry: .

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:59 am

Yes, welcome, Anna! :)

~*Katie*~
Bright Station Arrival

Re: Hearts and Flowers

Post by ~*Katie*~ » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh "Hearts and Flowers"...my favorite episode from the moment I saw the preview for it. This episode has almost EVERYTHING a RTA episode should have: comedy, drama, love triangle, and Suzette.

I re-watched this gem this weekend, and I laughed until I cried at the parts with Methuselah. If that side storyline was not in this episode, this episode would probably not be my favorite.

"You are very pretty Suzette."

"Yes...thank you."

hahahaha...though I love Felicity, it's funny to see her get mad.

Taru
Bright Station Arrival

Post by Taru » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:48 am

I, too, thought this episode hilarious but was sad that we didn't get to see Felicity and Gus dance more.

Was it ever revealed what Gus gave Felicity for Valentine's present?

weatherman15
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by weatherman15 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:03 pm

That's a good question! What did Gus get Felicity? I don't remember... does anyone remember if it was ever revealed? If not, I guess it'll be one of those RTA mysteries. It's kind of like not ever finding out who won the wager between Gus and Felix in "Fathers and Sons".

Just as a rhetorical question... Who does Hetty think she is to boss the hotel guests around? Sure it's very much Hetty, but I'm not sure even Hetty would overstep bounds by that much... but maybe I'm wrong...

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Post by hannikan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeah we don't ever see what Gus got for Felicity. It's something in a small box so I'm thinking a brooch, pendant, earrings or hair pin. Something that Sara helped him pick out. By the wager do you mean in Heirs and Graces? I think it fits Hetty's character that she often forgets that she's not in her classroom when she's out in the rest of the world. She reminds me a lot of principals I know (my mother in law for example) who treat their adult friends and family like children. There are teachers who do that, too. Ones who are kind of control freaks in general. I think that is what they are playing on there.
ImageImageImageImage

weatherman15
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by weatherman15 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:08 pm

The wager I'm referring to is when Felix bets Gus a half day's tips (or wages, I can't quite remember) that he could make Samual Boddin a happy customer.

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Post by hannikan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Ah, yes of course! We didn't ever find out about that either. I'm guessing Felix told Gus about his helping Bodin. Or maybe not since he might not have wanted to profit off Mr. Bodin's misery.
ImageImageImageImage