Can someone explain the episode "From Away"?

Comment and grade episodes from the series.
RenéeEvelyn
Boarding at Biggins'

Can someone explain the episode "From Away"?

Post by RenéeEvelyn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:27 pm

In the episode "From Away" there's a lot going on that I really don't get. They say Jim protected the printer's wife - from what? Why did the printer throw him in jail? Why on earth did Hetty have to pay the printer money? And why did Davey have such an interest in helping these hooligans in the first place? I feel like I missed a big section. I don't like this epsode, but I'd just like to understand what on earth is going on... :?: Thanks to anyone who can help :)
-Renée Evelyn

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:39 am

The answer is that 'From Away' was poorly written and directed. Another question is why the director and writer of this horrid episode, Stefan Scaini and Laurie Pearson, were picked by Sullivan to do Anne 3? The majority of viewers did not like 'From Away' and they did not like 'Anne 3.' Both works are widely considered the worst of both series. They are very painful to watch.

RenéeEvelyn
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by RenéeEvelyn » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:15 am

I agree that it was poorly written. If it doesn't make since to the veiwer and there's problems with the story, how does the writer himself not see the flaws in his own story?
-Renée Evelyn

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:54 am

My guess is that his brain was making connections that didn't quite make it on paper in a coherent way. But IMHO all of Scaini's scripts ought to have been reworked by another writer... Or at least been put up for peer review ;)
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

vera
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by vera » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 pm

They say Jim protected the printer's wife - from what? Why did the printer throw him in jail?
Ok, my understanding of that part was that the printer abused his wife and Jim tried to protect her. This made the printer angry so he made up a reason to send Jim to jail.