Evil Mutant Beast Found Dead?

A midway exposition of mysteries, curiosities and folklore
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Evil Mutant Beast Found Dead?

Post by Timothy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:11 am

Quick, someone contact Mary Van Nattan and let her know that evil has been defeated.

Is dead beast the marauding ‘hybrid mutant’?
Carcass may be that of legendary beast that terrorized Maine county. TURNER, Maine - Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation. Michelle O'Donnell of Turner spotted the animal near her yard about a week before it was killed. She called it a "hybrid mutant of something." "It was evil, evil-looking. And it had a horrible stench I will never forget," she told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. "We locked eyes for a few seconds and then it took off. I've lived in Maine my whole life and I've never seen anything like it."

Source

Oldbats
Found work at the Cannery

Post by Oldbats » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:59 am

That's a very interesting article. I feel sorry for the animal. If that really was the "evil beast", it should have had a more mysterious death to fit it's enigmatic life.
"I honor value and I value honor" --Gus Pike

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:05 pm

Gawd, that's creepy. *shudders*
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 am

What is it, though?? A deformed dog or something?

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:00 am

AvonLea wrote:What is it, though?? A deformed dog or something?
They don't know for sure because animal control officers didn't investigate the case. Someone in the article speculated that it might be a rare wolf-dog hybrid, based on a previous case in Maine.

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Sun May 25, 2008 11:28 am

I wonder whatever became of the the mutant beast. (And I know I've read too much X-Men when the first thing that comes to mind when I see the words mutant beast is to think of a fuzzy, blue human.)
"We couldn't buy the logic that Jesus was the only way. That meant the Buddhists and Hindus who had never even heard of Christ Almighty were doomed to hell, while Ku Klux Klan members were not." From THE HUNDRED SECRET SENSES by Amy Tan.