Departing Train

Comments? Criticism? Tell me what you think about the website.
Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Departing Train

Post by Miss Lewis » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:54 am

This thread is dedicated to all those who are departing the forum for some length of time. Goodbyes aren’t always easy but those who disappear without saying goodbye are even harder. So to avoid this unsolved mystery of the lost Forumer, here’s is a thread to post your goodbye’s in. Don’t worry--just as trains come and go, so will forum members. A goodbye doesn’t mean forever. Everyone is always welcome to come back to the dearest spot on earth and this forum.
Last edited by Miss Lewis on Tue May 02, 2006 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:54 am

My life is shifting in happy ways. So I won’t have much time for things like this. I’ll will be departing this forum next week around May 1 or 2. I’ll post a bye here the day I leave. I just wanted to post this so somebody doesn’t say “what ever happen to Miss Lewis?” (If it doesn’t matter, disregard this notice). I didn’t want to be disappearing member without saying goodbye.

I’ve loved my time here. I loved sharing thoughts on this great show (my all time favorite tv series). I’ve enjoyed seeing the array of different opinions from different forum members. I also liked seeing the similarities we shared too.

Thanks Katie for the insight into why Arthur may not have gone back to Felicity when Gus was gone (I still wish he had, though). Shelly thanks for your correction on one my mistakes. You are very knowledgeable about the show and it’s facts. Thanks for keeping us on track with the facts. I’ve often wondered why Stuart is so disliked. Reading fellow forumers‘s opinions, it helped me to see why he was disliked. There are to many good posts in Stuart thread to list individual thank-you here. Everyone who posted in that thread was helpful in some way. Thanks to all for the insight in the “who’s Gus Pike daddy?” thread. Timothy ideas on this have been most helpful.

I have read many wonderful topics here. Even though I didn’t post in most of them, I learned so much from them. I learned so many interesting things about the show I didn’t know. Thank-you everyone for your insight and discussion.

I enjoyed that topics didn’t go flying by fast. In other boards it is sometimes hard to keep up with topics. It was nice to have a slower pace here. It is wonderful to go into depth about RTA topics and not the shallow topics like “who’s the hottest Avonlea person“. I avoid those topics, I don’t see any point to them (besides won’t Michel win most of the time). I attribute the mood of this web board to creator of the board. So Thank-you.

I’ll be around the Anne3 forum for awhile (as Miss Lewis, of course). I am going to try to keep voting in fourth season amazing race but I suspect after that race is done, I will fade away from there too. Reading and posting on web boards takes time. I wish to pursue other interests and goals.

Don’t worry I’m sure I’ll come back again sometime.. Perhaps when I do my RTA marathon again. I’ve got to come back…I really want a good theory for Gus Pike/Father story line. Somebody has got to find a good working theory with no flaws or as few as possible.

I really enjoyed my time here. Thanks to you all. I’ll around for the next week and half. I’ll post here a goodbye on my last day (somewhere around May 1 or 2)

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:23 pm

Miss Lewis,

Thank you for sharing your comments and insight with us. You'll be missed and I hope you return from time to time and share your thoughts.

I'm convinced we came very close to finding the truth behind the elusive Gus Pike mystery. The only question I have remaining is how Marlene Matthews could get it so wrong! She's a great writer but she really botched that story line to the point where future writers wouldn't touch it and fans are perplexed by the ordeal.
Miss Lewis wrote:It is wonderful to go into depth about RTA topics and not the shallow topics like “who’s the hottest Avonlea person“.
:lol: Those topics are a lot like teenage slumber parties. "Hold the giggling down in there."

I'm glad your life is shifting toward happy ways, Miss Lewis. I wish you all the best and feel free to drop in anytime for a friendly chat with your fellow Avonlea friends. :D

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Post by Roo18 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:23 pm

Good Luck in yout future that your life is going to happier times. I look forward to see your post when you come back to visit. I enjoyed reading you posts. God bless you.
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Tue May 02, 2006 9:01 am

Thanks for seeing me off at the Train stop (so to speak)

Roo18 I’m glad you enjoy my posts. Best wishes to you too.

Timothy, I’ve enjoyed reading you posts. You have good insight into the show.
Those topics are a lot like teenage slumber parties. "Hold the giggling down in there."
You described it so perfectly.
The only question I have remaining is how Marlene Matthews could get it so wrong! She's a great writer but she really botched that story line to the point where future writers wouldn't touch it and fans are perplexed by the ordeal.
Now that is a mystery and half. Tell you what, you can solve that one while I’m away. Have fun!

I’ve enjoy my journay here. I’ll come back again sometime. Thank you all for some good friendly discussions.

Farewell to you all. Good luck in all your endeavors. :D

Bye

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:06 am

I’m been appearing and disappearing at this place for awhile now. So don’t be surprised if I pop in and out over the next several months. As with most of my interests, I tend to go in and out of them quite often. Of course, I always revisit my favorite ones (like Road to Avonlea). So I’m sure be coming around here now and then. If a fail to respond to a question directed at me, it is most likely because I haven’t been checking here very often---not that I’m ignoring you.

Anyone is welcome to use this thread for noting their leave of absence. It feels kind of funny to have a whole thread dedicated to just my comings and goings. But I suppose what often happens is people drift away without realizing they drifted away.

For all you drifters out there, come back sometime soon. It is good to have different people here with different and similar opinions. (Discussing things is something I love to do. I always love a good debate about things.)

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:24 am

Welcome back! :)

Shinnen
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by Shinnen » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 am

I'm sort of new here, but I'll welcome you back as well. :D I think it's thoughtful of you to make this thread.
O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be. ~George Matheson

Shinnen
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by Shinnen » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:58 am

Well, I guess I'll be taking it now, but only for a short while. I'm not going to be able to post this weekend because I'll be very busy, but hopefully should be back sometime next week.
O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be. ~George Matheson