Typo!

Comments? Criticism? Tell me what you think about the website.
Mariposa
Boarding at Biggins'

Typo!

Post by Mariposa » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:04 am

First, I just wanted to say that I've been coming to this website since it was on Geocities, and it's awesome. <3

But just in case you didn't know, on the notes for "Memento Mori", it calls Mairon Zac Bennett's brother.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:20 am

Welcome Mariposa! Glad to have you aboard.

Oh, the geocities site brings me waaayyy back. I loved that black and red site with that dynamic magic lantern menu.

Thanks for catching the typo. How could I have made that mistake? I know they look a lot alike, but sheesh. :lol:

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:30 pm

I was thinking that your site was once called the Magic Lantern long ago. I think I visited it once or twice back then. This format is much more user friendly. Are you on your own server with this website?

Did you ever get your site listed on Sullivan website? I ask because there is a website listed as Magic Lantern under the Road to Avonlea website links page on the Sullivan site. I click on it once and went to this place very unrelated to RTA. If this is true, you might want to tell them to change the weblink (or at least remove it).

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:03 am

Miss Lewis wrote:I was thinking that your site was once called the Magic Lantern long ago. I think I visited it once or twice back then. This format is much more user friendly. Are you on your own server with this website?
Welcome back Miss Lewis! I did get my own domain and host server. One day I tried to download content for virtual avonlea on the geocities site and I was told that I exceeded my uploading limit. I decided I needed my own web space to meet new creative requirements. I agree with your comment that the new site is more user friendly. I missed the old buttons with the magic lantern menu, but it took too long to load with some internet connections. I also think the soft blue is easier on the eyes compared to the black background.
Miss Lewis wrote:Did you ever get your site listed on Sullivan website? I ask because there is a website listed as Magic Lantern under the Road to Avonlea website links page on the Sullivan site. I click on it once and went to this place very unrelated to RTA. If this is true, you might want to tell them to change the weblink (or at least remove it).
The official RTA website links to my old domain, 'avonleamagiclantern.com,' which was taken by some 'cyber squatting' company/person. I'll contact the Sullivan Entertainment webmaster and request that they change the link. I'm sure they won't like linking to a site with no interest in the series. Thanks for pointing that out.

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:08 pm

Thanks for the welcome back. I decided to come back for awhile and see what was happening around here. It looks like it is pretty quiet around here? Who been around recently or still around?
also think the soft blue is easier on the eyes compared to the black background.
I agree. It IS much easyier on the eyes.
The official RTA website links to my old domain, 'avonleamagiclantern.com,' which was taken by some 'cyber squatting' company/person. I'll contact the Sullivan Entertainment webmaster and request that they change the link. I'm sure they won't like linking to a site with no interest in the series. Thanks for pointing that out.
I thought the Road to Avonlea Fans and Sullivan won’t want a random site listed either. Though, this new site owner probably didn’t mind the extra hits. It would be funny if of all the site hits were from misguided Avonlea fans. Besides, it would be a shame if the RTA fans didn’t get a chance to see this site (you should have this site listed on there).

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:12 pm

Miss Lewis wrote:Thanks for the welcome back. I decided to come back for awhile and see what was happening around here. It looks like it is pretty quiet around here? Who been around recently or still around?
I think most everyone's still here. They just chime in on subjects that interest them.