Avonleapedia, first mention of Anne and Gilbert

Comments? Criticism? Tell me what you think about the website.
elaine
Boarding at Biggins'

Avonleapedia, first mention of Anne and Gilbert

Post by elaine » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi there, I've been... meticulously looking for instances in Road to Avonlea when Anne or Gilbert have been mentioned.

In the Avonleapedia, it says that Anne Blythe and Gilbert Blythe are mentioned by name in 1.4: The Materializing of Duncan. I've watched the episode twice now, but they weren't mentioned at all. I don't think Anne is mentioned until 1.9: Malcolm and the Baby, while Gilbert isn't referred to until 2.3: Aunt Hetty's Ordeal.

Am I mistaken?

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:43 am

Elaine, you are probably right. It's been a while since the Avonleapedia was created. It's likely I imagined that Marilla or Rachel would have mentioned Anne Shirley/Blythe--the character responsible for their fictional existence--in the Materializing of Duncan.

I apologize and feel terrible if you rewatched these episodes searching for this reference. Hopefully, these episodes were enjoyable enough to endure my mistake.

elaine
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by elaine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:22 pm

Oh, no, please don't feel bad. ^_^

Admittedly, it was disappointing not to find the reference (actually, it was more so confusing - I kept thinking I was missing something), but the episode was enjoyable regardless. Marilla and Rachel are always very amusing...