Logged state loss while post editing and previewing/submitting

Comments? Criticism? Tell me what you think about the website.
Serge
Pat's Meow

Logged state loss while post editing and previewing/submitting

Post by Serge » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:05 am

Timothy, please, check something in forum engine.

While I'm in editing post and I press preview or submit button the forum engine may log me off from forum (not always but quite frequently to be fearful).

It is not forum cookie gets obsolete because I re-log after this "logged state loss" and this situation can repeat instantly (but not always).

I cannot reproduce this situation, it can occur at any time. It is quite fearful situation (post content lost and not reappear on back button). Yes, I use "select-all-copy-tecnique" but anyway it is surprise.

I'm using Android tablet and Chrome last version from Google Play. This situation not occur on other forums where I can edit and post (quite) safely.

Timothy, please, check something in forum engine or settings.
There is a strangeness in simple things.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Re: Logged state loss while post editing and previewing/submitting

Post by Timothy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi Serge, I'm sorry that you're experiencing this problem. I'll contact the server host and see if they can resolve the issue. Thank you for letting me know.

Serge
Pat's Meow

Re: Logged state loss while post editing and previewing/submitting

Post by Serge » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:08 am

Timothy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:21 pm
I'll contact the server host and see if they can resolve the issue. Thank you for letting me know.
Thank you, Timothy! It is sign that problem can be on my side — this situation occurs today with web.archive.org (Way Back Machine). Maybe I should to clear Chrome Cache on my tablet. Sorry for that (my tablet is quite old with KitKat Android 4.4.4).
There is a strangeness in simple things.