Arthur and Sara

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Arthur and Sara

Post by Timothy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:57 am

Was there anything between them romantically? They seemed to have been getting cosy in 'Comings and Goings.' Was Arthur just offering friendly advice or was there something more?

:shock:

katie
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by katie » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:03 pm

SARTIES FOR LIFE!

Ok, now that that is done: Yes, I believe there was something more between them. Sar ahad really matured by that point and she and Arthur had so much in common. He encouraged her to chase her dreams...I wish had Sarah Polley stuck with the show, they would've explored this potential couple more.

I can see them being together though. :)
~*7/04/04*~

PsiChi Spring '06

Pear38
Pat's Meow

Post by Pear38 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:36 pm

I think that I can see Sarah and Arthur together moreso than I can see Arthur and Felicity. There definitly was a brother sister relationship at the beginning, but I could see them making a match, although I'm not sure that it would be best for either.
:)

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:58 am

I think it would be a pretty good match, although there is still the question of Arthur's mental stability. He's nice and gives friendly advice, but then he also broods around stalking people and believes in bizarre imaginary creatures. He's definitely more stable than Jonathan Blackwell, Bobby's number one pick for Sara.

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:16 pm

Timothy wrote:I think it would be a pretty good match, although there is still the question of Arthur's mental stability. He's nice and gives friendly advice, but then he also broods around stalking people and believes in bizarre imaginary creatures. He's definitely more stable than Jonathan Blackwell, Bobby's number one pick for Sara.
This had me in stitches! And I am an Arthur/Sara fan!

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:55 pm

Timothy wrote:I think it would be a pretty good match, although there is still the question of Arthur's mental stability. He's nice and gives friendly advice, but then he also broods around stalking people and believes in bizarre imaginary creatures.
:lol: ;)
Tim also wrote:He's definitely more stable than Jonathan Blackwell, Bobby's number one pick for Sara.
Amen to that. :D
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Post by Roo18 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:26 pm

I think that it would have been interesting to see Sara and Arthur getting together. This would have maybe help Sara to stay in Avonlea and continue her relationship with Arthur, but Sara did not want to stay and continue to be act on Avonlea. I believe that Arthur is mental stable because he just has a differnet view of what living in the ocean.
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:08 pm

I think that it would have been nice to see something more between them, but in the end I don't think that we were ever supposed to assume they were romantically involved or anything. I don't remember Sara and Arthur being very friendly before that show, and now it seemed as if they were great friends. But maybe it was something Sullivan added in there to give us fan fiction writers something to write about. ;)

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:31 am

Up until, A Dark and Stormy Night I thought Sara should have wound up the Gus! They seemed more simpatico to me.

It is a shame Sara never got a true romantic storyline while Felicity, who wasn't really a true romantic got three! (If you count Stuey, which is a bit of a stretch!)

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:35 pm

Mmmm, I never once thought that Sara and Gus should have gotten together. It just didn't fit. But I do agree, Gwendolene, that it is sort of strange that Sara never had much romantic involvement with anyone. But I kind of like it that way. I didn't think that it worked for her and Booth to be together...she just didn't do it well. It seemed much too modern day to me. Now Felicity and Gus, they made it seem like something that would have happened it that time period.

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:52 pm

AvonLea wrote: I didn't think that it worked for her and Booth to be together...she just didn't do it well. It seemed much too modern day to me. Now Felicity and Gus, they made it seem like something that would have happened it that time period.
I agree with you there. I think a big part of the Sara/Booth relationship was asserting independence from Hetty.

Johnathan Ravenhurst Blackwell was just plain wierd.

Of all the characters on the show I agree that Arthur was the most suited.

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:54 pm

I don't know how well Sara and Arthur would have done together. They're both too dreamy, too idealistic or whatever. Gus and Sarah would not do at all. I was always rather partial to Booth, for some peculiar reason. But they were too young and immature to have something serious. Come to think of it, Sara doesn't seem the type to marry in the first place. She'd do just as well traveling and writing on her own, I think!

Oldbats
Found work at the Cannery

Post by Oldbats » Tue May 22, 2007 11:11 am

I think Sara is quite the independent spirit, and the few "romances" she did have just didn't quite seem to fit to her, at least for the place she was in her life.

Perhaps the Preacher's son was the closest fit, seeing as they both lived rather uprooted lives.

I liked Sara's youthful crush on Wild Bill (can't remember his exact name). Before that episode, she was always the level-headed one, not really interested in romance, and mainly shook her head in sympathy as she observed all of Felicity's foibles. She even said as much to Alec.

As far as Arthur goes, I think that perhaps there could have been some form of romance, but I don't think it would have been a "happily ever after" situation. I always saw Sara as more of a tragic figure, having everything in terms of wealth material things, but never quite attaining the things that money can't buy, such as love, either from a lover or from her parents.
"I honor value and I value honor" --Gus Pike