Would you live in Avonlea?

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Would you live in Avonlea?

Post by Timothy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:25 am

If you could travel back in time and live in Avonlea, would you take that journey? Would you give up modern convenience to visit Uncle Alec, Sara Stanley, Digger, and live on Prince Edward Island at the beginning of the 20th century?

Adorem
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Adorem » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:26 am

I indeed would be there in a second if it could happen!!! I love the feelgoodness of the series and I always wish I could somehow just jump into the tv screen and be with them all!

I would love to be with my favorites, Sara and Uncle Alec and be able to be a part of their lives.

it is such a beautiful life in Avonlea, its a simple time, and people are friendly and kind, unlike how they are in today's life.

I am sure others are with me about all this! LETS GO AND LIVE IN AVONLEA NOW!! Where's that time machine to make it all possible?!!!

katie
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by katie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:32 am

I'd have to give up my hair straightener and curling iron? My hair would be a mess! I'm not so sure about this.

Although I'd love to try to do it, I'd also love to have the chance to come back here. I think I'm too spoiled by modern inventions that I wouldn't survive forever there.
~*7/04/04*~

PsiChi Spring '06

calebsmum
King Farm Hired Hand

living in Avonlea

Post by calebsmum » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:50 am

Although I'd have major issues with the outhouse, toilet paper/newspaper, and lack of hygeine products..... :shock:
in a heartbeat!

Who wouldn't want to live in a place where does are left unlocked and biggest stress is baking enough pies for the picnic? :wink:

The biggest draw for me.....living near the sea.

...can I take my husband and baby? :lol:
"Look Aunt Hetty-I'm arrested!"
Felix King

The Story Girl
Found work at the Cannery

Re: Would you live in Avonlea

Post by The Story Girl » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:10 pm

:) The answer is yes. I would be glad to pack my bags and leave. Dress in dresses with ribbons and get to do chores. Also get scolded by Aunt Hetty... be friends with everyone. There would be so much to do!
Avonlea is my second home.

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Post by Roo18 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:05 pm

I would love to live in Avonlea.... I would love to spend time outside, playing and doing chores. You might not have all the things that you think is important to you like the tv, radio, etc. We would not have so much pollution like we do in our world today. You could see the beauty around you when you go for walk or buggy rides.
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

katie
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by katie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:38 am

No I mean modern conviences such as a vaccuum cleaner, washer and dryer, and other things that were not even invented around that time period. Life was certainly a lot harder back then. Everything wasn't perfect, like Avonlea depicts. That's why I'd love to visit, but would be great to go back home and enjoy my A/C and indoor heat.
~*7/04/04*~

PsiChi Spring '06

asuwish
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by asuwish » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:03 pm

Ditto to what Katie said. I've always felt that I was born a century too late, but I couldn't imagine living without the modern conveniences we have now. But being able to visit Avonlea, for a couple summer months per se, would be delightful!
-Tiffany-

Kara
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Kara » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:33 am

I would love to visit Avonlea, but I don't think I could give up all my modern conveniences permanently... I'm just a little too spoiled.

Kara
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Kara » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:33 am

I would love to visit Avonlea, but I don't think I could give up all my modern conveniences permanently... I'm just a little too spoiled.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:52 am

Hard work? Aww! I thought living in Avonlea was going to be all about going to summer picnics and harvest balls.

ol' gus
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by ol' gus » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:58 pm

well, the lighthouse, by all means!
boots and a ring might be the only thing i'd own, but
GIVE ME THE LIGHTHOUSE!!!!

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:50 pm

No. Let's just say I'm too spoiled by modern technology. ;)
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Post by Roo18 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:29 pm

Live in Avonlea would be fun most of time excepted for when there is a lot of people gossip about you or your family. This how you would know who are your friends are. You might have to work hard to earn money, but it will be well worth it. I would love to live in Avonlea at King Farm because there are a lot of people to talk too and work with by doing all the chores. As well it would be beautiful to walk along the ocean and go swimming in the ocean as well.
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

maryamforever
Bright Station Arrival

Would I rather live in Avonlea?

Post by maryamforever » Fri May 12, 2006 10:10 pm

I would love to go and live in Avonlea. It is such a beautiful place where so many interesting things happen everyday. Even though I would give up alot of the everyday items I think I could manage, only if the characters in avonlea were their though or else it would get dull.