Would you live in Avonlea?

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
~digger~
Found work at the Cannery

Re: Would I rather live in Avonlea?

Post by ~digger~ » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:01 am

maryamforever wrote:I would love to go and live in Avonlea. It is such a beautiful place where so many interesting things happen everyday. Even though I would give up alot of the everyday items I think I could manage, only if the characters in avonlea were their though or else it would get dull.

I would do anything to go back to avonlea times. But as maryamforever said it would get dull without the avonlea characters.
Kim
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey I think I'll call you digger!~Cecily~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Digger, come to keep me company?~Gus~

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 am

Yes!!! Yes, yes, yes!! Or back in time to any Victorian time and place! But living in Avonlea would be so much fun! I wish I was born there. :)
How about you, Timothy? Would you like to go there?

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:44 pm

I definitely would like to go back, AvonLea. maybe for a couple days. The air would even be cleaner. It would be fun. :)

What if you could go back and change something in the Avonlea series. What would it be?

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:59 pm

Cecily's status. She's so sweet, I know that I would spend alot of time with her. And maybe I would change that Andrew left. He was such a nice addition. I really liked him. :) Oh, and I would have liked to tell those old gossips just what I thought of them.

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:41 am

I definetly would go back ! Nowadays the space is so rare that it would be an improvement to live there, of course we need the characters!
The gossip is one thing but don't we all have gossip on our work?in our neighbourhood?I just set them straight,if necessary .That's what I should do in Avonlea like Olivia ,Hetty,Janet did
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king

Shinnen
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by Shinnen » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:49 pm

It would be nice to visit, and really neat to meet all the characters.
O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be. ~George Matheson

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:58 am

Honestly, I can't decide... I really am more of a city girl, although I love horses and clean air. Not to mention the fact that people used to have much better manners.

I think it could be difficult to have an equal relationship and it would be weird not to vote... don't think I would like that much...

If I could change anything it would be the Overdevelopment of the Keith twins at the expense of Cecily and Daniel.

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:22 pm

Oh, yes, I'd go in a flash! I get so tired of everything being so rush-rush, fast-paced, etc. And near the sea... ahh, pure bliss! I've driven a horse and buggy a few times and it's such jolly good fun. Much more so than driving a car! The women are ladies and the men gentlemen--there's a plus for a girl with old-fashioned notions about men's and women's roles! Even in the middle of chaos, life is simple, because the chaos is a homey sort of chaos. Yep, Avonlea's got a lot going in it's favor. The one thing I'd miss--hot running water. Outhouses I'm OK with!

Georgiana
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Georgiana » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:49 am

I would love to go back and live in Avonlea at that time. Everything now is so busy and rushed nothing is done peacefully at a slow steady pace. I would love to wear the clothes and to live in such a beautiful and peaceful place as Avonlea. Where everyone knows everyone and people say good morning as they walk past instead of pushing past you and not apologisng for nearly knocking you over. I think I would proabably miss a few things though such as indoor loos. :D

Oldbats
Found work at the Cannery

Post by Oldbats » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:06 pm

ol' gus wrote:well, the lighthouse, by all means!
boots and a ring might be the only thing i'd own, but
GIVE ME THE LIGHTHOUSE!!!!
My thoughts exactly, Ol'Gus! I think being a lighthouse keeper would be a fine life.

I don't really like modern conveniences. They are more like modern distractions. Do we really need an iPod, computers, etc? They had many of the things we have now, only simpler versions.

And the solution to no hair care products? Hats!

In the world of Avonlea, gentlemen were gentlemen, and ladies behaved as ladies. What a wonderful world to live in! Obviously that world is a fiction, even if one were to travel 100 years back, but still, things were much different, and in my opinion, much more preferable back then.

How I'd love to spend a quiet evening next to the crackling fire as Matthew smokes his pipe and Marilla crochets something. No TV, no radio, no infernal internet.

Although, without the internet, how would we all discuss our beloved Avonlea?
"I honor value and I value honor" --Gus Pike

Sara
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Sara » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 am

Though I do like modern conviniences, and I think I can't live without them, I love to go live in Avonlea, meet the characters, and live peacefully in that lovely clean world. Imagining myself in Avonlea really excites me that I feel so sorry that it's not possible. But it disappoints me to think that I'd lose my computer, cellphone and other modern things then. I wish I could visit there once a week! :D
"The devil's in most people. Not me, mind you, but most." - Hetty King

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:48 pm

It's official--I definitely want to go back. My brother and I recently spent an evening with friends who live in a cabin in a large meadow-like clearing. It was so peaceful and refreshing. Especially when the four of us paused our conversation and you could hear nothing--no appliances, no traffic, NOTHING. Just silence. Besides, my life would be so much simpler if I could have lived back then. Fewer options, and thus fewer confusing decisions to make! My mom and sister and I were discussing it and agreed that I'd really have been better off if I'd lived in Avonlea instead of today.

Yet here I sit, with an electric heater keeping me warm (nights are cool here in July, especially on rainy days AND in a basement!) typing on my computer with an electric lamp beside me so I can see. Ah well, if I'd been born without it I'd not know the difference.