Why was Izzy Felicity's Bridesmaid?

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Why was Izzy Felicity's Bridesmaid?

Post by Timothy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:45 pm

I thought this deserved it's own topic. Why was Izzy, who had little contact with Felicity during the series, thrust into the position of Felicity's bridesmaid in 'So Dear to my Heart?' Katie gave this answer:
katie wrote:Honestly, it's not rare that the girlfriend of a guy is in the guy's sister's wedding. (Also Cecily and Izzy were best buds) There could've been off camera stuff as well. Izzy was in the general store looking at Felicity's stuff at the very begininng of RtM (if I can recall properly)...so maybe by that point they were friends.
I'm trying to think of people who could possibly be Felicity's friend? Clemmie hasn't been seen in ages and Felicity only used her anyway. Sally was slapped and there was no love loss between her and Jane Spry. It got so bad that the writers had to invent a friend for Felicity in Colleen Wells! :shock: But then Colleen died...

Mavis was a friend for about 15 minutes until Felicity attended that meeting in 'Out of the Ashes.' Then what happened to her? I wonder if Felicity ditched Mavis as a friend because she thought that whole 'married to her dead cousin's husband' was too wierd? Either all Felicity's girlhood friends moved away or she alienated them with her behavior. This strengthens my suspicion that she picked Izzy because she had no friends of her own. How sad... :cry:

But then, why wasn't Sara a bridesmaid? Would standing too close to Felicity in the spotlight give the impression that Sara was being upstaged?

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:00 pm

Mavis was a bridesmaid in Felicity's wedding. She walked in with Izzy. Olivia was also a bridesmaid, as was Cecily.

(That's Mavis on the right.)

Anyway, the question of "Why Izzy and not Sara?" has bugged me for a while. I think Sara as a bridesmaid makes a lot more sense.
Last edited by Shelly on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

katie
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by katie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:22 pm

Maybe they thought Sara might not show up? Then they would be a bridesmaid short. (That's what I always thought)
~*7/04/04*~

PsiChi Spring '06

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:58 pm

Thanks for the picture Shelly. It's good that Felicity retained her friendship with Mavis.
katie wrote:Maybe they thought Sara might not show up? Then they would be a bridesmaid short. (That's what I always thought)
Being that Sara did show up, why wouldn't they have bumped Mavis for Sara? It seems Sara was more important to Felicity than Mavis.

Shelly

Post by Shelly » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:58 pm

Yeah.

I don't know if she would've had time to bump either Mavis or Izzy. I mean, Sara showed up the day of the wedding. It'd be kinda rude to have Felicity go to one of them and ask them to step aside to let Sara take their place, IMO.
foreverzach.net

katie
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by katie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:41 am

My thoughts exactly Shells.

Plus, there was already enough drama with Hetty being MIA at the time.
~*7/04/04*~

PsiChi Spring '06

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:52 am

Shelly wrote:Yeah.

I don't know if she would've had time to bump either Mavis or Izzy. I mean, Sara showed up the day of the wedding. It'd be kinda rude to have Felicity go to one of them and ask them to step aside to let Sara take their place, IMO.
Well, Felicity did switch the grooms pretty quickly so maybe it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to bump Mavis. :lol: But yeah, that would be rude, even for Felicity.

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Post by Roo18 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:41 pm

Hetty siad in So Dear To My Heart she was not sure Sara would make it for the wedding, before she has her fight with Alec, Janet, Olivia and Jasper. I believe that Felicity had a relationship with Izzy that we were not showed in the episodes and as well with Mavis, not just because Seth wanted her to become friends with her. We see Felicity, Stuart, orphans, Seth, Mavis and the baby (Alicia?) go for a pinic by the ocean. So we see that their is some kind of a relationship.
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:43 am

Roo18 wrote:We see Felicity, Stuart, orphans, Seth, Mavis and the baby (Alicia?) go for a pinic by the ocean. So we see that their is some kind of a relationship.
This is a good point Roo18 about Mavis being on the beach for that picnic. This and the picture Shelly provided shows that Mavis remained Felicity's friend. It's still curious though why Izzy was picked as a bridesmaid. I just think they included her because Felicity only had one friend.

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:49 am

Maybe it was kind of a thing where Felix and Izzy were best friends when they were little so Izzy had that tie with the King family and Felicity wanted her in the wedding. And for Sara...maybe because she also couldn't get there in time for a dress? It is strange, but it kind of adds variety. The bridesmaids didn't come down all too uniformly, did they. And Felix's eyebrows-he looks surprised when they come down the aisle. Why?
Also, I can't see the picture...where did you get it, Shelly?

Shelly

Post by Shelly » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:06 pm

I reuploaded the image to Photobucket (and reposted it above). It's a screencap I did from the "Return to Me" VHS.

I've heard the Felix/Izzy/Cecily connection reasoning before in this regard.

I don't remember the Pritchard baby's name. I don't think it was Alicia, though.
foreverzach.net

Mariposa
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Mariposa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 am

I think the baby's name was Alice.

I always supposed Sara wasn't a bridesmaid because she was so far away, and she wouldn't be able to be there for fittings, etc.