Season Five!

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
irishcolleen
Hetty's New School Recruit

Season Five!

Post by irishcolleen » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:15 pm

I'm way behind on the purchasing of the DVDs. I just ordered season 5 and it's supposed to arrive Monday. I'm really excited because this is the first set I'll have with all the extra fun stuff!

Other than the episodes concerning Gus and Felcity, I really haven't seen season 5 in ages.

What are some of your favorite season 5 moments?

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Laughing at the fight scene in 'Stranger in the Night.' I did like this particular episode though. Bruce Greenwood was supposed to be a regular in the series but was scheduled to be in a million other things. Alec wanted to keep him as a hired hand, of course, because he basically did the reverse of everything Peter Craig did, and fixed more things than he broke. :)

Memento Mori, Otherwise Engaged and Thursdays Child are landmark episodes to many.

Congratulations on ordering season 5 irishcolleen!

irishcolleen

Post by irishcolleen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:14 am

Hey, Timothy!

I'm already on side 2 of disc 3. Just finishd watching "Someone to Believe In" this morning. I'd forgotten how great some of these episodes were, or maybe I never really knew...When they originally aired I was a young teenager obsessed with Gus and Felicity and any episode that didn't focus on their romance didn't interest me as much. Oh, how much I missed! And I love Elbert Werts! He and I share a last name...And NOBODY spells it W-e-r-t-s...It's always W-e-r-t-z! I remember being so excited looking at the credits back when it first aired.

I'm also noticing that Harmony is in the show a lot more this season. She hardly has any lines, of course, but she's there in the background much more than usual...I wonder if it's because they knew these would be her last episodes.

And I love the little behind the scenes look on the first disc. Mag Ruffman is hilarious, and I still can't believe how different Lally's voice is from Janet's. You would never know!

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:09 am

Hi Irishcolleen. I thought Elbert was a pretty good guy who got caught in a bad situation (In 'Someone to Believe in'). What did you think of Adeline Hodgson when she set up Elbert for stealing?

I thought Digger did a good acting job in 'Stranger in the Night.' When Digger is accused of trying to get Archie's chickens, he gets this soulful look on his furry dog face like he knows the truth but is powerless against mans ignorance. I never thought I'd say this... But even Digger was upstaging Harmony's acting. :oops:

irishcolleen

Post by irishcolleen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:20 am

Yeah, that was a rotten thing for Adeline to do. I always liked Laura Bertram in the show "Ready or Not" though.

And Digger definitely upstaged poor Harmony...The way she says "No!" when Archie Gillis threatens to shoot Digger is pitiful. If I remember correctly, you actually mentioned this in your review of the episode. I think I could act better than that...I'd just think of something horrible happening to one of my animals and burst into tears.

And Elbert's great. He does the Werts name proud!