Timeline for Gus and Felicity

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
Avonlea Fan
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Avonlea Fan » Wed May 09, 2007 7:39 pm

I have a question for Timothy or other forum members:

How much time passes between "Otherwise Engaged" in Season 5 and "The Return of Gus Pike" in Season 6?

In "Otherwise Engaged", Felicity says she'll be starting medical school next month. In "The Return of Gus Pike", it appears she's in her first week of school. So was Gus at sea for just a month before they met up with eachother again?

Secondly, how much time passes between the time Felicity receives news of Gus's death ("Homecoming", Season 6) and when she finds him again ("Return to Me")? Is it a year? Less? More?

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Re: Timeline for Gus and Felicity

Post by Timothy » Thu May 10, 2007 9:15 am

Avonlea Fan wrote:I have a question for Timothy or other forum members:

How much time passes between "Otherwise Engaged" in Season 5 and "The Return of Gus Pike" in Season 6?

In "Otherwise Engaged", Felicity says she'll be starting medical school next month. In "The Return of Gus Pike", it appears she's in her first week of school. So was Gus at sea for just a month before they met up with eachother again?
These are good questions, Avonlea Fan. According to the seasonal changes, there was more than a month between 'Otherwise Engaged' and 'Return of Gus Pike.' 'Otherwise Engaged' happens around late fall/winter 1908-1909.'Return of Gus Pike' takes place in the spring/summer timeframe.
Avonlea Fan wrote: Secondly, how much time passes between the time Felicity receives news of Gus's death ("Homecoming", Season 6) and when she finds him again ("Return to Me")? Is it a year? Less? More?
It's over a year.
Lost: winter 1909-1910 (Homecoming)
Found: summer 1911 (So Dear to My Heart)

Avonlea Fan
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Avonlea Fan » Thu May 10, 2007 11:54 am

Thank you, Timothy, for putting my curious mind to rest!

I appreciate your expertise and your efforts in producing such a great website! :)

Oldbats
Found work at the Cannery

Post by Oldbats » Tue May 22, 2007 10:48 am

I think they did a great job in portraying Felicity and Gus's reunion. Everyone was happy to find out that Gus was alive, but they put some very interesting road blocks in the path to ultimate happiness for the couple.

It is fairly similar to what the Waltons TV show did with Mary Ellen and her husband, Curtis (I think that was his name).

One of my favorite moments in this series is when Gus gives Felicity his ring, as he's leaving with his mother.
"I honor value and I value honor" --Gus Pike

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Tue May 22, 2007 12:47 pm

Oldbats wrote: It is fairly similar to what the Waltons TV show did with Mary Ellen and her husband, Curtis (I think that was his name).
I knew that plotline seemed overly familar, but I couldn't quite place it!
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar