Most Annoying Character Awards

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:36 pm

Jessicaussie wrote:I think Jonathan Ravenhurst Blackwell and his Aunt Edith were pretty annoying.
There's only so much incoherent slurring a viewer can take from Robby 'Ravenworst' Benson. (The Disappearance is currently ranked as the 6th worst episode).

alecking
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by alecking » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:37 am

Might be the 6th worst, but Jonathan Ravenhurst Blackwell is my man to sweep Sara 'off her feet'. He is her equal in money and station in life. As for age, please no Stuart comparisons.
Forever Avonlealy Yours,
Bobby with-a-y

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:20 am

It wasn't age, it was his mental state. There was something wrong with that guy (identity issues, insecurity, inability to communicate in a coherent manner, etc.). Why does his Aunt have so much control over him? A likely explanation is that Lady Blackwell was assigned to watch her nephew and prevent him from being sent to an institution. Is there a bachelor number 3?

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:01 pm

Because Lady Blackwell was really Emma Peel in disguise; and JRB wasn't really her nephew. He was a bad guy she had to catch. (She traveled back in time from the 1960s to do it.) I thought you knew that? ;)

Oh, and I think Arthur's a better match for Sara myself. He could take care of her financially and intellectually--something JRB could never do, IMO.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:38 am

Shelly wrote:Because Lady Blackwell was really Emma Peel in disguise; and JRB wasn't really her nephew. He was a bad guy she had to catch. (She traveled back in time from the 1960s to do it.) I thought you knew that? ;)
:D You know... I'm starting to like that Lady Blackwell now that you mention it.
Oh, and I think Arthur's a better match for Sara myself. He could take care of her financially and intellectually--something JRB could never do, IMO.
I agree, Arthur is more stable than JRB. Although Arthur just might have to get permission first from the underwater unicorns he believes in. :wink:

alecking

Post by alecking » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:14 pm

Diva:

>He could take care of her financially and intellectually--something JRB could never do, IMO.<

Beg to differ, Shells. Arthur had to go back to med school after he decided to treat people instead of animals. That would mean living on med school pay, which comes from mommy and daddy. In my day, it was called an 'allowance'. JR on the other hand has the funds and can travel all over Europe. He's in England and Sara is only across the channel in France......alone.....need I say more? Scandelous! Outrageous! "Come Stanley, the game is afoot".
Forever Avonlealy Yours,
Bobby with-a-y

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:12 am

alecking wrote: JR on the other hand has the funds and can travel all over Europe. He's in England and Sara is only across the channel in France......alone.....need I say more? Scandelous! Outrageous! "Come Stanley, the game is afoot".
I'm sure JR has this wonderfully padded room. He's got this great white jacket with straps on it and Auntie gives him a little pill every night to help him sleep and to stop obsessing about antique objects.

JR, Zak Morgan, Booth... I get the impression that writers were trying to punish Sarah Polley for leaving the show.

alecking

Post by alecking » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:30 pm

Timothy wrote:[quote="] JR, Zak Morgan, Booth... I get the impression that writers were trying to punish Sarah Polley for leaving the show.
Ha! They WERE the reason she left.
Forever Avonlealy Yours,
Bobby with-a-y

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:24 pm

alecking wrote:Ha! They WERE the reason she left.
:D Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

Dilly
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Dilly » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:51 pm

I agree that there were some pretty annoying characters, the one that REALLY bugged me was Amanda Stone from the episode "A Dark and Stormy Night". She was so fake and annoying-how could Gus not see through her until the end of the episode? All that swooning of hers started to make me dizzy!

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:44 am

Shelly wrote: Oh, and I think Arthur's a better match for Sara myself. He could take care of her financially and intellectually--something JRB could never do, IMO.
Arthur was a ninny. Although, I could kinda see it in CaG.
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:46 pm

Dilly wrote:...the one that REALLY bugged me was Amanda Stone from the episode "A Dark and Stormy Night". She was so fake and annoying-how could Gus not see through her until the end of the episode?
It had to do with Disney's demand that Avonlea characters bow down and look dumb for the Disney planted special guest stars. Unfortunately, this made Gus look very naive.

irishcolleen
Hetty's New School Recruit

Post by irishcolleen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:30 pm

alecking wrote:Might be the 6th worst, but Jonathan Ravenhurst Blackwell is my man to sweep Sara 'off her feet'. He is her equal in money and station in life. As for age, please no Stuart comparisons.
Ha Ha! Well, at least JRB was good-looking (those eyes!). Maybe that's why I could never really see him as that annoying. Call me superficial, but I'd take him over Amanda Stone any day. She was just plain ridiculous!

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Post by Roo18 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:42 pm

I think that the characters that are annoying are:
Emma Bradely - stop always talk about Nat Lester Honesty it is annoying
Laura McDonald - stop always talk about Nat Lester Honesty it is annoying
Nat Lester - who cares about you
Velma Bugle - go away Felix does not like you get the hint
Silus Drabble - who needs a casket when they are still alive
Suzette Morueau - stop going after Gus he has Felicity
Mrs. Sandborn-Ellis
Sally Potts
Jane Spry
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

katie

Post by katie » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:05 am

Roo, I agree with some of that, but honestly...Isn't Suzette the funniest? I adore her. "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose!" Come on now, she gave us that name to call Mr. Pike. She helped to spark the G/A rival for Felicity and that girl was just plain hilarious in Hearts and Flowers.

Suzette is my home girl. ;) hehe...I'm way too white to be saying that. :oops:
~*7/04/04*~

PsiChi Spring '06