Laughable cover image for An Avonlea Christmas

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Re: Laughable cover image for An Avonlea Christmas

Post by Shelly » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Here's the sled picture, in a larger size.

For comparison's sake, here's a screencap of Felix from S5's "Stranger in the Night"...

Hrm.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

HistoryMiner
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by HistoryMiner » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Those two Felix's do look very similar.

I would love to see your cover for HCMK, Shelly.

Just for laughs, I can also envision a cover featuring Wilfred Ainsley.

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm so glad someone posted this topic. That cover is bad, really bad. Why is KS so allergic to showing the cast as they age? I think they still look dignified and beautiful in HCMK.

Maybe he wants us to think it was more playful and less war-weary than we know the film was? Even though the cover is vastly inappropriate, it does bring to mind the frolicsomeness of seasons 2-5. (But you would think they would have the decency to remember Arthur wasn't in the film.)

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Post by hannikan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:44 pm

In HCMK? Arthur was in it a lot. Somehow I doubt KS had much to do with deciding on the cover. It seems like the images for website are chosen by SE employees who haven't watched the show completely. That is probably the case with this cover reissue, too. I think for the bigger money makers, like the Anne stuff, KS probably makes some decisions about cover art. But reissues of HCMK? Probably not.
ImageImageImageImage

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:45 pm

In HCMK? Arthur was in it a lot. Somehow I doubt KS had much to do with deciding on the cover.
Can you tell I'm not an Arthur fan? :) I watch the movie once a year (and have read the recap countless times here) yet I still have managed to block out that he was in it. (Perhaps its leftover resentment over the triangle in the series and MM not getting featured in HCMK. Whatever it is, I block Arthur from my RTA memories.)

While I don't like the cover for this, I do like the new Anne covers. Although I wish KS would get away from bland close-ups. The VHS covers had more detail and individuality to them. (They scream "cozy period drama pieces" whereas these new ones just sceam: "look! it's Anne! In all her incarnations!")

adelphahighbrow
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by adelphahighbrow » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 am

That's a pity. Arthur was one of my favourites! I loved the entire Pettibone family, especially as a device for the King family. If it's because you're a Fussy shipper, I can try and understand.

Something about Arthur just made me so happy to see on screen. I felt comfortable and safe like when you have a handsome guy friend taking you to a dance pretending to be your boyfriend for the night. I can't explain it. It's like Arthur is one of those common kitchen spices you always have in your pantry in case you really want to "stir things up."

Shelly

Post by Shelly » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:59 am

I think, for me, seeing Arthur in HCMK was a welcome sight because he was a familiar face in a sea of supporting/minor characters I didn't care about. On the other hand, it was a stark reminder that someone who should've been present (at least IMO) wasn't there: Izzy. :(
foreverzach.net

adelphahighbrow

Post by adelphahighbrow » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:46 pm

You're preachin' to the choir, Shells. No one could ask the man how his sister was doing? Not even a flipping one liner? "How's your sister doing over in [Halifax]?" All it would have taken was one reference and we'd have had cannon.

Bonus scene after the credits, please: Arthur comes over a couple days after Xmas to check up on Hetty's recovery and looks at the returned soldier's arm/hand while he's there words are exchanged between Felix & Arthur about their mutual friend.

Seriously, all it would have taken was one line. The writers are canon haters, anyway. Sullivan just sat up one night and ate a lot of pixie sticks during his WWI binge and decided we needed to suffer the repercussions.

Shelly

Post by Shelly » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:47 pm

I know. :( *clings*
foreverzach.net

adelphahighbrow

Post by adelphahighbrow » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Shelly, I love you and I was wondering if I could email you sometime for some storyboarding advice on my upcoming biofic on a mutually loved character[s] of ours. Without bogging down the board. You are my muse.

Shelly

Post by Shelly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Of course! :)
foreverzach.net

SarahKingPike
Pat's Meow

Post by SarahKingPike » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:31 pm

all the new covers are laughable...for season 3 they have a picture from Felicity's wedding....strange strange strange.
Attachments
rtas3.jpg
season 3's new box cover
rtas3.jpg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
Gus Pike: ...and remember, I love you, Felicity. I always will.
Felicity King: I love you.