Your Favorite RTA Opening Credits

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Your Favorite RTA Opening Credits

Post by hannikan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah I probably should contact them about it.
ImageImageImageImage

janbo
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by janbo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:35 pm

hannikan wrote:Yeah the ones from S1 are often the body doubles because the actors didn't go to PEI.
Have they ( actors ) ever went to PEI ? in later seasons ?
for example, Sarah and Hetty in the beach in Momento Mori, Felicity in the beach in 'Out of the ashes', etc... they were doubles or actors ?

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Nope they never went to PEI. The scene at the beach in MM was staged in Ontario with the water shots spliced in. So when it looks like they're on the beach that is sand poured on the ground in Ontario. The lighthouse in the background was built in what is now a corn field.
ImageImageImageImage

janbo
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by janbo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:26 am

hey hey..
I made my own RTA opening credits for Season 4 :) in Movie Maker program...
I hope you like it... it was very interesting to make it and choose my own shoots for it..
you can watch it here ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AExEPoUyToo
:D

adelphahighbrow
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by adelphahighbrow » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:31 pm

I wish you'd added the Pettibone's since they were introduced in episode two. . .

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Ah, that came out very nicely, janbo! It would have been nice to see the Pettibone's, too. Maybe in place of the Jo Pitts stuff since that was in S3 and she wasn't a recurring character.
ImageImageImageImage

topkapi56
King Farm Hired Hand

Post by topkapi56 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:25 pm

The original opening credits were the best. The setting of the series was more up front right where it should be.

BSITW
Bright Station Arrival

Post by BSITW » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:16 pm

I have to say that my favorite was season 5. I do agree that it's weird that Felicity doesn't have an updated shot...but it's still a pretty shot from a very iconic episode so...I don't have a huge problem with that. I think I mostly like season 5 because of Sara's shot in her iconic navy blue polka dot dress. She just looks so grown up...sigh...too bad that's her last opening credit. And I also love the rousing music and the scenes that go with it.

I actually don't like season 1 very much. I don't like how we don't see the actors by their names. And I never really cared much for that music.

HistoryMiner
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by HistoryMiner » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:46 pm

It's always difficult to decide for the opening credits whether or not to use scenes from that season. So I can understand using mostly S3 footage for the S4 opening credits, and excluding the Pettibones. For example, the Season 7 credits show the cannery being destroyed, which is kind of a spoiler. There is the advantage of using scenes from that season for kid actors, who would look older. Most ideal would be specially filmed opening credits like for Season 6.