An Road to Avonlea 8th

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
The Story Girl
Found work at the Cannery

An Road to Avonlea 8th

Post by The Story Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:24 pm

I don't understand it :( Why wouldn't there be a 8th season to RTA? Please answer back.
Avonlea is my second home.

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:32 pm

It has been too many years since the series went off the air for there to be an 8th season. At most, all we can hope for is that Sullivan would produce another reunion movie. (Although after Anne 3, that mightn't be something to look forward to.)

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:08 pm

Hee! :D

But yeah; an eighth season almost ten years after the seventh would not be practical, not to mention it'd be unrealistic. Everyone associated with the series has moved on to other things.
Wild Roses wrote:At most, all we can hope for is that Sullivan would produce another reunion movie.
And there's always AvCon. :D (The next one is in 2007, by the way.)
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

hannah
Bright Station Arrival

Post by hannah » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:47 pm

And what is with the Pre- RTA? The childhood of Hetty and Alec and the others? I think, it would be fine.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:16 am

Hi Hannah. I know an idea for a Pre-RTA has been bounced around. I think we might have to wait until after this next year's 100th anniversary of Anne of Green Gables and the release of a new Beginning before Sullivan considers another RTA related project.

I would rather see an RTA reunion based in the aftermath of World War I. Especially since some of the RTA cast are getting up there in age.

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:43 pm

The Story Girl wrote:I don't understand it Why wouldn't there be a 8th season to RTA? Please answer back.
Though I would love more RTA, I am glad they ended it when they did. Tv shows that keep going and going can erode over time. I’m glad they stop before the episodes quality went downhill. Also, it was a good stopping point before more main cast members left.

When I dream about having more RTA to watch, I wish that a few episodes of season 6 and 7 had been done with different storylines rather then having a new season 8. For Example I’ve just seen when “the ball is over” and would gladly trade that episode for another storyline. I am soon going to see “the king of the great white way“ and have a very strong feeling, from foreshowing from this forum and website, that I will want to trade that one in too.

From what happen in season 6 and 7, I think that a 8th would have more percentage of episodes that weren’t great. Of course, season 6th and 7th have some outstanding episodes too. Women of Importance is one of my all time favorites. But still there’s mix of good episodes with not so good ones.

It is far better to have a few (seven to be exact) great seasons of RTA, then tons of lower quality seasons.

Edit: Perhaps I misunderstand the question…Is The Story Girl asking why they didn’t make a 8th season now (10yr after 7th season) rather then right after the seventh season? If so, opps! I answered the wrong question.
Last edited by Miss Lewis on Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

alecking
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Re: An Road to Avonlea 8th

Post by alecking » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:02 am

The Story Girl wrote:I don't understand it :( Why wouldn't there be a 8th season to RTA? Please answer back.
Not going to happen in any lifetime. But I'd like to see a pre-avonlea series with Gema as Ruth King, Cedric as grandpa King, you get the idea.
About 1880 to 1885 would be a good start for it. Add some new young castmembers for the new young viewers and presto you got a hit TV series.
Forever Avonlealy Yours,
Bobby with-a-y

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:56 am

alecking wrote:I'd like to see a pre-avonlea series with Gema as Ruth King, Cedric as grandpa King, you get the idea.
About 1880 to 1885 would be a good start for it. Add some new young castmembers for the new young viewers and presto you got a hit TV series.
That’s an interesting idea. I’d have trouble seeing Alec and Felicity as ancestors of themselves. If Sullivan was going to do something in the Road to Avonlea setting during a pre-RTA era, I rather they get a completely new cast.

alecking

Post by alecking » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:13 am

Sully likes to recycle actors and seeing the older original castmembers playing olders relatives could work. I've seen old photos of some of my relatives and noticed certain physical traits that were passed down.
Forever Avonlealy Yours,
Bobby with-a-y

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:24 am

It wouldn't be bad if they did a flash back of the King family like they did in Memento Mori. Maybe get to know Ruth a little better.

alecking

Post by alecking » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Great idea, Timothy. "Hey, Sully. Are you jotting any of this down?"
Forever Avonlealy Yours,
Bobby with-a-y

Matheson
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Matheson » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 pm

If they do make one that takes place after WWI, I sure hope that they get as many of the old cast as possible (especially Harmony Cramp). Anyone else agree?

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:14 pm

Harmony's been, essentially, retired from acting since she left RTA. I'm also not sure if she'd want to make a comeback in her, dare I say, signature role. If it's post-original series, chances are, they'd get Molly Atkinson to come back as Cecily.

The more I think about it, the more I'd rather see a prequel series. I mean, yes, seeing the younger Kings' lives after WW1 would be interesting; but at the same time, I think watching the elder Kings et al as kids themselves would give us more insight into how they developed into who they were as adults.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

jeremiah2911
King Farm Hired Hand

Maybe finish up the Fizzy storyline

Post by jeremiah2911 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Any chance of finishing up the Fizzy storyline? I know that Zach Bennet is touring with his band and I don't know that anyone has heard from Heather Brown in years, but it would be nice to see that situation resolved and see Felicity and Gus' children as well. :D
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sat May 03, 2008 7:19 am

I hope the 'Anne of Green Gables' prequel film is successful. It would make an RTA reunion more likely if Sullivan has the momentum, interest and economic backing.