Season Seven DVD

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:11 am

As many might know, The delivery of the Season Seven DVD set has been delayed due to a "manufacturing error." This is the lastest email from the Boutique regarding the delay:

Thank you for your email and patience. We regret to inform you there
has been a slight delay due to a manufacturing error on the DVDs when
it arrived here. We had to send them back since the error was quite
noticeable in screening these DVDs and we did not feel confidence in
sending them out to meet your satisfaction. The manufacturer has
redone the DVD and our workers are working right now to get everything
shipped out as soon as possible.

Secondly, please note, that this item was a PRE-ORDER so that means you
ordered it before it was released. We guarantee a release, but we did
not have the merchandise in our offices as yet. You just ordered it to
guarantee your copy. Since the merchandise has arrived in our
building, we are working hard in getting it out as quickly as we can. When we discovered the error, we removed the March 2 released date from the website before March rolled around because we could not guarantee that date for shipment.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
We understand how much you were looking forward to seeing the final season of Road to Avonlea.

Thank you,

The Sullivan Boutique Team

For great gift ideas visit http://www.sullivanboutique.com

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:35 am

I received the Season 7 DVD set a few days ago (After the post office lost it for a couple days). Overall, I like the style of the box set. It's light years better than the first season set, which seemed to fall apart.

I still think Sarah Polley was put on the front of the box (As opposed to Gus and Felicity) because of her current popularity, rather than to bring the series full circle. Also on the box is Ryan Gosling from the abysmal 'From Away,' who is currently popular.

The image quality is pretty good, similiar to the 6th season set; Although I can still see the grainy quality when I watched the opening moments of 'Out of the Ashes.' Nevertheless, the digital improvements Sullivan mentioned in the chats are clearly superior to the early seasons.

The special features were a disappointment, as there was really nothing much new that hasn't been seen before. In fact, many of the behind the scenes segments that have been recycled in most of the previous DVD volumes were originally shown in the VHS 'Return to Me' tape special features segment.

I don't know if it was possible because of time restrictions, but maybe clips from the ROM reunion would have been a fresh addition to the special features segment.

The 'Road to Avonlea: Along the Golden Road' booklet that came with the set was nicely done. It's basically Hetty's history that we never read because they opted for Hetty to write romance novels.

Overall, its a great collection to complete the Road to Avonlea series on DVD.

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:23 am

Wow, that's great that you got the set! I for one am so excited to see the 7th season (I...haven't seen it yet :oops: )

irishcolleen
Hetty's New School Recruit

Post by irishcolleen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:05 am

Thanks for your review, Timothy. Season 7 is definitely on my list of things to get, though I still need to get season 6!

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:41 pm

I think you'll like the seventh season, AvonLea. While it's not as good as the first two seasons (in my opinion), there are still a few memorable moments.

It's interesting that you should mention the sixth dvd set, irishcolleen. In an advertisement from the Boutique regarding the release of the season six dvd set, there was mention that a script would be available with the set (Similiar to the script for 'Memento Mori' available with the 5th season dvds). When I contacted the Boutique about it, they said Kevin Sullivan was searching for one. Unfortunately, I guess he didn't find a suitable script as it wasn't included when the dvd's were shipped.

Georgiana
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Georgiana » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:06 am

Timothy wrote:
Georgiana, you could try emailing them at
[email protected]
I tried their euro store email and haven't got a response yet.
Thank you. :)

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:58 am

I'm hoping to order Season 7 to complete my set of Avonlea DVDs. I just wanted to wait until amazon.ca has it so I can save on shipping and the exchange rate. Anyone know how long that could take?

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:28 am

I envy you Timothy for having season7 already.we can't purchase it yet at euro store Sullivan.I have to be patient...it's hard!!

Thanks for the information,Timothy!
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king

Georgiana
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Georgiana » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:00 am

Timothy wrote:
Georgiana, you could try emailing them at
[email protected]
I tried their euro store email and haven't got a response yet.
I emailed them about 2 weeks ago but sadly I have had no reply. :cry:

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:21 am

I have the same experience Georgina!I mailed twice and didn't get a reply either!
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king

RoseCottage
Bright Station Arrival

Post by RoseCottage » Mon May 07, 2007 7:28 am

Lady Jeanne wrote:I'm hoping to order Season 7 to complete my set of Avonlea DVDs. I just wanted to wait until amazon.ca has it so I can save on shipping and the exchange rate. Anyone know how long that could take?
amazon.ca has Road to Avonlea season 7 up for pre-order now! $69.99 The set will be released on June 5th.

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Mon May 07, 2007 9:20 am

RoseCottage, I looked for Season 7 at amazon.ca and couldn't find it. I wish it were being released sooner than June 5. My family and are leaving on a 3-week trip on the 2nd or 3rd. If I could preorder it, though, that would be perfect. But I couldn't find it. How did you find it?

Oh by the way... I see you're new, RoseCottage. Welcome!

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Mon May 07, 2007 9:39 am

Yes, welcome!! Glad to see you! Take off your shoes and leave your coat at the door. Welcome to our family!

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Tue May 08, 2007 11:22 am

RoseCottage, I found season 7 at amazon.ca. I had just been putting in a search for season 7; they had it listed as volume 7. I ordered my set :D . Thank you for letting me know about that! Can't wait until it gets here next month :D .

RoseCottage
Bright Station Arrival

Post by RoseCottage » Fri May 11, 2007 7:13 am

Oh! I am glad that you were able to find it Lady Jeanne. I can't wait to complete my collection.

Thank you everyone! Happy to be here!