Season Seven DVD

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:32 am

AvonLea, I think hobbie's right that it only comes with the Sullivan set. The downside is that it's so overpriced. :(

Panini, long time no see. One episode where I believe Rachel isn't herself is 'Davey and the Mermaid.' She's waxing poetic in that episode and it just isn't her at all. The writer of this episode, Jeremy Hole (his only RTA episode), didn't appear to know anything about the series or have the vaguest understanding of the characters.

The box set is nice and sleek. I wish they had that style from the beginning of the dvd releases.

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:21 pm

We're not alone thinking that Rachel is different in "Davey and the mermaid"
Even all the people of Avonlea think that Rachel is acting very strang...
Hetty saying to her that she changed.."You of all people"...
Eulalie Bugle asking if Rachel is out picking daisy's again....
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king

Georgiana
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Georgiana » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:23 am

hobbie wrote:The region code isn't mentioned on the box.I don't have trouble playing it so it must be code 2 or 0.
I finally got a reply for my email that I sent Sullivan ages ago, and they said that series 3 to 7 are region 1 :cry: . Think I am going to have to buy a multi regional dvd player.

hobbie

Post by hobbie » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:27 am

That's strange Georgiana.I just checked my DVD player and it isn't a multi regional player.It says region code 2.
I don't have trouble at all playing season3 to 7.Did you check with Sullivan European?
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:51 am

According to the Amazon UK site, these DVD sets were offered in Region 2. Unfortunately, they look like their currently out of stock.

Season 5 DVD set
Season 6 DVD set

It's unfortunate that Sullivan Entertainment doesn't specify the region code. Hobbie, did you purchase you DVD's through Sullivan Europe?

hobbie

Post by hobbie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:21 am

Timothy wrote:

It's unfortunate that Sullivan Entertainment doesn't specify the region code. Hobbie, did you purchase you DVD's through Sullivan Europe?

Yes, i did.They didn't asked me what code my DVDplayer was.I even can watch them on my computer.When you go to Sullivan Europe you can choose The U.K. or Germany.I always choose U.K.I think if they had a different region code than Europe they would have informed me?
It doesn't make sense that Sullivan Europe sells DVD's which you can't play in Europe?

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:18 am

Thanks Hobbie. That makes sense that they would send region 2 dvd's to the region that plays them. It's too bad Sullivan Entertainment gave Georgiana the wrong information.

hobbie

Post by hobbie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:56 am

Yes Timothy it's a pity that they gave the wrong information.

Georgina, Did you get the information from Sullivan Europe?

Mariposa
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Mariposa » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:56 pm

I'm pretty sure Avonlea DVDs are Region 0 (regionless). I can play them on my and my mother's laptop whether they're set to region 1 or 2.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:15 am

Mariposa, maybe computers bypass the region requirements.

J2dstar
Bright Station Arrival

Avonlea DVDs

Post by J2dstar » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Did some shopping at Sam's Club today and noticed they had lowered the prices on the "Road to Avonlea" sets to $60.88 per volume. I also noticed that seasons 1-5 are now packaged in the slimmer 6 & 7 cases, and the fourth volume no longer has Hetty's portrait on the spine.
One other point, my local Sam's decided to stack together Road to Avonlea, Little House on the Prairie, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman all in one spot, creating this de facto period drama section. It would seem to me that more and more people are longing for the simple life. :)