Anne 3 or RTA's worst episodes....

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Anne 3 or RTA's worst episodes....

Post by Wild Roses » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 pm

So, the most active topics on this board as of right now have practically nothing to do with LMM, so I thought I would start this. I wasn't sure where to put it but since both are products of Kevin Sullivan's, I thought I would put it here.

I thought this would be a fun topic to start in light of Anne 4 coming out, which strays very far from the Anne books. People who have seen have said it's bad, very very bad and horrible all the way around.

Most of us who have seen Anne 3 now avoid like the plague, and many of us also avoid Avonlea's lowest ranked episodes (most especially the debacle known as "From Away.) But just for fun, if you were forced to watched Anne 3 or the 3 lowest ranked RTA episodes, which would choose to watch and why?

I have some thinking to do on this one, but I'll be back with an answer.
"We couldn't buy the logic that Jesus was the only way. That meant the Buddhists and Hindus who had never even heard of Christ Almighty were doomed to hell, while Ku Klux Klan members were not." From THE HUNDRED SECRET SENSES by Amy Tan.

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Oh dear. *shudders* I don't know, either. :(
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

jam416
Pat's Meow

Post by jam416 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:25 am

I would have to say 3 RTA episodes. The third Anne movie was depressing I thought and at least with RTA there is always at least one good moment...I'm very interested to see the fourth but am wonderning if i'll just be disapointed like I was with the number 3. I wish they could have gotten Megan Follows to play the older Anne...it will be hard for any one else to fill that role! But this is just all my opinion! :D
I LOVE when Gus plays his fiddle!

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:43 am

After thinking, I'd probably go with the three worst RTA episodes, as voted on here. Although I loathe the bottom two, I didn't think "Christmas in June" was all that horrible (IMO, "What a Tangled Web We Weave", also from Season 6, was much worse). Anne 3, on the other hand? Bleck. And yes, depressing.

(FYI: The three lowest-ranked on this site are "Christmas in June", "Davey and the Mermaid", and "From Away"--in that order.)
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:19 am

I'd have to go with Anne 3.
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

felicity18
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by felicity18 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:28 am

The worst episodes of Road to Avonlea for me are:
But when she was bad she was horrid Parts 1 and 2
The Disapearance

Now with Anne 4, I enjoyed the movie and thought it was great. I cried both times I watched it at the end of the movie. However, it was greatly disappointing not having Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie in the movie. It just wasn't the same without them.

As for Anne 3, I'm sorry if this offends some people but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It is my favorite Anne movie and I love it. Thats just how I feel about it.

felicity18

5AvonleaGirls
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by 5AvonleaGirls » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:02 pm

I have only seen Anne 3 once and it was a long, long time ago. I think that if I veiw at as not really "Anne" that it isn't that bad of a movie. From what I remember it had an interesting story line. I don't care much for "From Away", I don't remember "Davey and the Mermaid" enough to say whether I like it or not, and I really love "Christmas in June". I would probably just watch all of them in one fell swoop.

~5AvonleaGirls

Sierradane
King Farm Hired Hand

Post by Sierradane » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:39 am

I think the Anne 3 movie in itself was a good movie, very well done. I liked it, and I didn't like it. I think the reason why I didn't like it was because I've read all the books and felt that they tried to get too much info from the books in one movie. And, they took parts of the books which happened to other characters and mixed/mashed it up to happen to Anne and Gilbert. As far as a movie, it was good but for a movie that followed a book/books it wasn't good.

I don't think any of the RTA episodes, in my opinion, could be classified as 'worst,' as I loved them all.

The Anne 4 movie, I guess is the one with Barbara Hershey, I'm looking forward to seeing it but at the same time I'm afraid I won't like it for what the writers did to one of the characters.