Sullivan's Anne Musical

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Sullivan's Anne Musical

Post by Timothy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Sullivan Entertainment waltzes into the world of musicals and legitimate theatre!
By Sullivan Entertainment
Emmy and Peabody award-winning producer, Kevin Sullivan is prepping to stage ANNE OF AVONLEA™ (as a new Anne of Green Gables™ musical), based on Sullivan's multi award-winning Anne movie adaptations. The production has been in development in 2009 and is now in negotiation to launch in the US in the new year with Sullivan writing both book and lyrics.

It's interesting that Sullivan Entertainment is creating this musical when there is already a popular Anne of Green Gables musical that has been running for over 45 years.

Isn't this sort of like Jasper creating plastic after plastic was already created?

felicity18
Planted Magic Seeds

Re: Sullivan's Anne Musical

Post by felicity18 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:03 am

I love the Anne series as much as the next fan but I think that KS should move on to another piece of work. I think if he wants to do a piece of work it should be a Road to Avonlea Reunion movie or miniseries. Just when he's done everything he can possibly do with Anne he comes up with something else. And here I thought KS was done with Anne forever!

felicity18
"Courage Gus Pike. Take your strength from those who love you. We'll survive all this. I promise you." Hetty King to Gus Pike

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Sullivan's Anne Musical

Post by hannikan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm more surprised about it knowing there is a very popular musical called Anne and Gilbert, based on Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island already. I don't know if he's hoping the difference in his version will set it apart (Morgan Harris, the stuff about the Pringles, etc). We'll just have to see. It's kind of funny to have the musical come after the movie. Usually it's the other way around.
ImageImageImageImage