Anne Inc.

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Anne Inc.

Post by hannikan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:09 pm

:lol: Awesome StoryJan!! I would proudly use that in 50 years... :lol:

I remember Frances Bay from Seinfeld now. She was the marble rye lady!!! I knew I recognized her. They should have worked that into After the Ball, a senile Winnifred ranting about losing a marble rye!

She still alive at 97!! ETS: I can't count late at night, she's 91.
Last edited by hannikan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 pm

StoryJan wrote:Shh! Don't you know? They're "magic seeds." :D If you order the DVDs, be sure to eat your "crunchy beans" in a graveyard after midnight. You may get your wish. Speaking of the Sullivan Boutique, did you happen to see the gifts for grandmas and grandpas on the Gifts page? I think I may have to save up my money for this one.
:lol: Ha! That's hilarious, Jan! I love it. It's even got the infamous RTA plate... The Anne lotion. And my favorite 'Anne Grip' with the animated Anne. :lol:

StoryJan
White Sands Employee

Post by StoryJan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Lol, those poor Avonlea plates... They may as well just give them away. I'm still quite a few years away from needing Anne Dent, but I wouldn't mind some Anne band-aids :D Too bad the Sully Boutique would probably charge $20 per box... I had forgotten Frances Bay was the marble rye lady on Seinfeld. I don't think I'll be able to watch "After the Ball" now without thinking about it.

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:47 pm

Imagine instead of Donnie Lester taking Winnifred's keepsake box for his scrap metal business it was Jerry Seinfeld stealing her marble rye bread for Avonlea's Kosher Bakery.
Lol, those poor Avonlea plates... They may as well just give them away.
Well, they're not shown in the RTA products anymore so maybe they did give them away. :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

StoryJan
White Sands Employee

Post by StoryJan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Check "Housewares." They are still lurking about, hiding, and waiting to pounce on unsuspecting prey who dare to pause and ask, "Is that Sara on that plate???"

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:07 pm

I know! Who is that?! That's probably why is they didn't sell. People don't want plates with strange people on them.
ImageImageImageImage

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:31 pm

StoryJan wrote:I'm still quite a few years away from needing Anne Dent, but I wouldn't mind some Anne band-aids :D Too bad the Sully Boutique would probably charge $20 per box...
Maybe they would throw it in a gift set with one of their specialty DVD's like this blatant Indiana Jones rip-off, 'Legend of the Lost Tomb.' If you scroll down there's a preview of the movie that shows some unintentionally funny acting.

It's funny how the plates are advertised as a "Limited Edition" item, suggesting that if you don't buy it, it might be gone soon. Even though it's been in their inventory for years.

They also have a mug with the image on it. You can have it express delivered to you just in time to spit out your morning coffee.

StoryJan
White Sands Employee

Post by StoryJan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 pm

I remember the mug well, but in the Christmas plate description, they list it as being the second in a series. I must have blocked the first one from my mind. Was it an Anne plate?

That clip from Legend of the Lost Tomb was great! As a teacher, I can't begin to tell you how many horrible movies just like this one I have suffered through. The stares, the awkward pauses that last a tad longer than they should, villains with British accents... Perfectly horrible! :lol: Don't you just love how Sullivan Boutique sells so many movies they had nothing to do with? They also have the Dollar Store version of Anastasia listed for $7.99. I've never seen this version... evidently the Tsar dies and becomes.... a tuba. :lol:

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 pm

hannikan wrote:I know! Who is that?! That's probably why is they didn't sell. People don't want plates with strange people on them.
Sara(h) looks weird enough for certain; but look at Felicity/Gema. It's like someone had a little too much fun with her jawline/chin in Photoshop. Her real one is not that pointy. And her hair almost looks grey near the temples.

Felix/Zach is the only one who looks normal on that plate.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:21 pm

I agree Felicity looks strange. She looks elderly or something and like she has strange teeth. The painting technique done distorts her. But I can tell it's supposed to be her.The other girl just looks absolutely nothing like Sarah and I am pretty confident it is not based on a photo of her. It looks like some extra school child that would be shown in background shots. Actually it looks a little like the snobby girl from High Society, Agnes Forbes. It's the same in this poster...on closer inspection it is Sarah she just looks really, really different. I guess it's the angle.
ImageImageImageImage

StoryJan
White Sands Employee

Post by StoryJan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 pm

There are so many things wrong with this picture. Sara is the size of Godzilla, and her face looks photoshopped onto someone else's body. It almost looks like Felicity's hat and hairline. And I don't remember Sara saying that quote on RTA :lol: They could at least quote the right novel rather than the tv series.
Last edited by StoryJan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:52 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Of all the great lines in those works, they had to go with "And we young fry were all agog..."? I just can't see RTA Sara saying that.

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:01 pm

RTA Sara would not have said that quote but book Sara and RTA Sara were pretty different I thought. RTA Sara always seemed more based on A Little Princess or Pollyanna than LMM's Sara Stanley. There are several posters with books quotes that are never said on the series...

Image (And when was this kiss?! It looks like they reversed the negative for their wedding kiss and then photoshopped Felicity's hat in)

Image(This is a cute photo but notice the color of King Farm?! This must be a photoshop with a later picture of the house since that's the color it was when I visited it last summer)
ImageImageImageImage

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Yeah you're right, the house is the wrong color in the King Farm winter poster. I guess that's what happens when you start photoshopping images at random. I thought it was funny how far the swing is from the tree. Maybe the rope broke and they're flying through the air... except they're a bit too happy.

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Yeah, I think the swing was actually on the other side of the tree. That photo was a promo not a still from an episode. Or maybe it was from Home Movie. Anyway, they should have had plenty of photos they could have used to photoshop from when the house was blue. Even from HCMK which had snow in it.
ImageImageImageImage