Season 1 and 2 remastered

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Re: Season 1 and 2 remastered

Post by The Chef » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 am

You think it will take longer before Amazon sells them? Amazon UK is going to cancel shipping costs in Europe, so I'll have to use Amazon.
A man fell in a deep pit and suffered greatly. A Buddhist said: 'Meditate and ignore your circumstances.' A Hindu said: 'You must have bad karma, you deserve your fate.' But Jesus had pity on the man, climbed down and rescued him.

weatherman15
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by weatherman15 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I couldn't find it on the amazon.co.uk site, but it is listed on the amazon.com site...

http://www.amazon.com/Road-Avonlea-Seas ... 494&sr=8-2

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

I thought they would only start selling in November? But I see that season 3 is already available.
A man fell in a deep pit and suffered greatly. A Buddhist said: 'Meditate and ignore your circumstances.' A Hindu said: 'You must have bad karma, you deserve your fate.' But Jesus had pity on the man, climbed down and rescued him.

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Not remastered, it isn't. Just the original release.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

weatherman15
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by weatherman15 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:47 am

The remastered Season 3 is available for pre-order on the amazon page I provided above. I'm guessing it won't show up on the Sullivan site until it is released.

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 am

The discs are-one sided, so no turning discs again.
This makes me so happy. I loathe the 2-sided discs with a passion! I would prefer to get Anne first, but if that isn't out in Sullivan's "hi-def" yet, I will most definitely start getting RTA.

It does make me sad that the picture was cropped. However, I've read about other blu-ray dvds transfers and that apparently isn't too unusual if the film was shot on 4:3 rather than 16:9 frame (which apparently many tv shows were even well into the 1990s, so a lot of shows are getting cropped or stretched in weird ways to get blu-ray/hi-def transfers).

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:39 pm

You can always work with aspect ratio if you have that option on your remote. Usually the picture is blown up when I start it, and I have to resize it in the beginning.