Anne, RTA, and Wind Music on iTunes

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
StoryJan
White Sands Employee

Anne, RTA, and Wind Music on iTunes

Post by StoryJan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:59 am

Sorry if this is late news. I know I've been Avonlea MIA for awhile, but I just wanted to pass along the word incase anyone else (like me) missed this. The Don Gillis/Peter Breiner Sullivan CD's are now available on iTunes for $9.99 or $.99 per song. In the past, one of my biggest problems with these CDs was the renaming of the same songs on multiple cd's. It was the beginning of my personal fallout with the Sullivan Boutique:) Now, you can listen for duplicates before you buy, and since most songs are less than a minute in length, you can hear a large portion of the song before you buy the entire CD. Titles include the inferior Road to Avonlea soundtrack, Anne of Green Gables 3: the Continuing Story, Wind at My Back 1 & 2, Victorian Dining, Winter Pleasure, Serenity, Romance, Lullaby, Kindred Spirits, Edwardian Dance Music, and Celtic Music. Of course, the John Welsman RTA Soundtrack and Hagood Hardy's Anne are not among those on iTunes... yet. Again, I apologize if I'm a little late on my General Store gossip;)

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Anne, RTA, and Wind Music on iTunes

Post by hannikan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh that I didn't know. Thanks for passing that along. I have a few of the CDs but I've wondered about some of the theme Anne ones. There is also AvFan4r's site where she is uploading all the ending credit music and many of the pieces played in RTA episodes, too. Here is the link:
http://avonleavignettes.com/rta/musicclips.html
ImageImageImageImage

StoryJan
White Sands Employee

Post by StoryJan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks for Avonlea Vignettes update! The web site has certainly grown since the last time I visited. I have many of the end credits songs on my web site, Avonlea.tv, as well. They are not the best quality since they were taken from VHS tapes, but at the time, RTA wasn't available on DVD, and the cd's were just being released. I also didn't post duplicates (many of the credits music was recycled for multiple episodes). While I enjoy listening to the Sullivan CDs, I was a little disappointed. The songs are all so interchangeable; perhaps a track is labeled RTA, but it could have just as easily been in Anne 3 or Wind at My Back. The Welsman RTA soundtrack and Hagood Hardy's scores are my favorites. I am always glad, however, to add to my Avonlea collection

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Post by hannikan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeah there are some repeats but for the most part there is some variation on the same melody when it is used again. Welsman did most of the end credits and he said at AvCon last summer that they were his favorites to score. AvFan also has most of the singing from episodes uploaded and I think she plans to add some of the other music played or used within episodes, too. There were actually a lot of pieces that haven't made it onto any of the Sullivan CDs. You're right many of the Sullivan CDs recycle the same music.
ImageImageImageImage