The shop

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

The shop

Post by The Chef » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Dit anyone of you ever buy something else from Sullivan besides cd's and dvd's? If so, what did you buy, and perhaps you could give a review of the item? Did it meet your expectations?
A man fell in a deep pit and suffered greatly. A Buddhist said: 'Meditate and ignore your circumstances.' A Hindu said: 'You must have bad karma, you deserve your fate.' But Jesus had pity on the man, climbed down and rescued him.

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: The shop

Post by hannikan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 pm

My mom gave me the Anne Shirley perfume as a gift. I actually really like the scent because it's subtle and it doesn't set off my allergies. I didn't actually ever plan to get it or ask for it but it was better than I would have expected. I also have a print of Anne 2 that is of the James Hill painting of Anne by the ocean. I have it framed above my bed and I love it. I also have Beyond Green Gables, the book about Sullivan's film designs. It's a great coffee table book with lots of photos of sets, natural locations and paintings that inspired the way he filmed certain scenes. I really like looking through it and reading about his inspirations. I got it when it was on sale for $10, too. That's a steal for a large size hardcover!
ImageImageImageImage

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:27 pm

That's not a lot of money indeed. Do you also have books of Montgomery?

I think the jewellery and the cosmetics and all are a real goldmine for Sullivan. But I wonder why they never had a replica made of the ruby ring Gus and Felicity shared. I think fans would have liked to have one.

I just have the two christmas mugs; they are big. Unfortunately shipping to Europe is very expensive. I opted to buy one of those small frames with field decoration on it, but it would cost me three times the price if not more. I don't think they are selling it anymore though.
A man fell in a deep pit and suffered greatly. A Buddhist said: 'Meditate and ignore your circumstances.' A Hindu said: 'You must have bad karma, you deserve your fate.' But Jesus had pity on the man, climbed down and rescued him.

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Post by hannikan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah, all the jewelry is ugly and/or doesn't make sense to me. I think they should have made a replica of Gus' ruby ring, Anne's circlet of pearls, Marilla's amethyst brooch, maybe the red necklace Mr. Tyler gave Sara in Hope Chest of Arabella King. Those I would have liked and would have made sense. I also would like to see more costumes replicating costumes from the movies and the series.

I do have a couple of books of LMM. I have the letters she wrote to Ephraim Weber and I just got the L.M. Montgomery Album, which is kind of like a biography and photo coffee table book. I plan to get some more books about her in the future, too. I didn't realize until recently how many there are.
ImageImageImageImage

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:24 pm

I agree, they simply should have sticked to the jewellery 'that mattered', that was used in the show(s). I also think that stuff they sell is ugly. Looks like it's for old ladies. And I agree that it doesn't have a connection with the show. In the future I might try her books about Avonlea, but I'm not sure yet; to many other books need my attention.

Common, let's ask them to make the ruby ring available, so we can all feel like Gus and Felicity! :roll:
Last edited by The Chef on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Quite a few of us fans have been wanting them to sell a replica of Gus's ruby ring for years (since the shop opened!), along with the pattern for Felicity's wedding dress. Both of those would be massive sellers.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Lady Jeanne
Cured Peter Craig

Post by Lady Jeanne » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:43 pm

I was wondering - are the prices on the Sullivan Entertainment shop website in Canadian dollars or US dollars?

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:29 pm

US, I believe.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:35 pm

I would love Anne's circlet of pearls! I looked through the jewelry today and wow, it is crappy! It looks like it's supposed to be artisan jewelry, except it looks cheap.

SarahKingPike
Pat's Meow

Post by SarahKingPike » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:56 am

Shelly wrote:Quite a few of us fans have been wanting them to sell a replica of Gus's ruby ring for years (since the shop opened!), along with the pattern for Felicity's wedding dress. Both of those would be massive sellers.

I totally agree with this! I have been wanting Felicity's wedding Pattern forever! i am going to be getting married soon and would love it to be Felicity's wedding dress. i have been looking for something like it since he asked me! :D
Gus Pike: ...and remember, I love you, Felicity. I always will.
Felicity King: I love you.

SarahKingPike
Pat's Meow

Post by SarahKingPike » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:21 am

For those of us that want Felicity's dress pattern i say that we could all go to the sullivan entertainment store and email them that you want it! maybe if there is enough of us they will make it!
Gus Pike: ...and remember, I love you, Felicity. I always will.
Felicity King: I love you.

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:54 pm

By the way, does anyone know where the actual ruby ring went after the show?