Season 4 Remastered

Discuss Sullivan films, media and projects.
weatherman15
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Season 4 Remastered

Post by weatherman15 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 am

I recently contacted Sullivan Entertainment to see when the remastered version of Season 4 might come out. Here is their response...
At the moment there is no talk in when the 4th one will be out, hopefully by the end of the year.
So it looks like it may be a while before we can expect Season 4.

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Season 4 Remastered

Post by hannikan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks for trying to find out. That's a bummer to me as it's my favorite season. I wonder if they aren't prioritizing it because they are focusing on remastering Anne right now. They'll probably release Anne 2 in widescreen before S4 of RTA.
ImageImageImageImage

weatherman15

Post by weatherman15 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 pm

That's possible... which is actually okay with me. I haven't gotten Anne 1 Remastered yet, so that'll probably be the next purchase for myself. I'm also buying a set of everything for my niece who's turning 11 this month. She got RTA season 1 for Christmas and she'll get RTA season 2 for her birthday!

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Post by hannikan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Oh that's a great gift at that age. I was 11 when the show started (I turned 12 soon after) and I loved it from the get go.
ImageImageImageImage

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:40 pm

I have to say that the remastered season 3 is much worse in quality than season 2. I was disappointed.
A man fell in a deep pit and suffered greatly. A Buddhist said: 'Meditate and ignore your circumstances.' A Hindu said: 'You must have bad karma, you deserve your fate.' But Jesus had pity on the man, climbed down and rescued him.

weatherman15

Post by weatherman15 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 am

I was actually a little disappointed myself... It seems they didn't put as much effort into the 3rd Season. I could tell right away when I looked at the menus. The menus reminded me of the menus from the original release. In Seasons 1 and 2, they used different pieces of music for each menu screen. In the 3rd season, it was the opening theme for every screen. Plus they dropped the numbering on the episode listings. The special features seemed slapped together as well.

weatherman15

Post by weatherman15 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:53 am

It looks like Season 4 Remastered will be out by the end of the month! It's now available for pre-order...

http://shopatsullivan.com/road-to-avonl ... order.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Road-Avonlea-Season ... 27b9d83df7

From their response a couple of months ago, I thought it may be more like the end of the year! Maybe this means we can expect season 5 remastered toward the close of 2011?

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:54 pm

This time I will wait with my order untill I know it's better than season 3. If it's not as sharp as season 1 and 2, I'm not buying.
A man fell in a deep pit and suffered greatly. A Buddhist said: 'Meditate and ignore your circumstances.' A Hindu said: 'You must have bad karma, you deserve your fate.' But Jesus had pity on the man, climbed down and rescued him.

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:22 pm

By the way, on amazon it says it will be released in june, but on Sullivan it says april.

http://www.amazon.com/Road-to-Avonlea-S ... 621&sr=8-2

HistoryMiner
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by HistoryMiner » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Oh, that's disappointing Season 3's visual quality isn't as good as S1 and S2. I would rather they slow down the releases if they do a good job with each. :(

weatherman15

Post by weatherman15 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:00 am

Well, we'll see how season 4 comes out...

The Chef
Cured Peter Craig

Post by The Chef » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Indeed. When I read about it on Sullivan's it promises to be good though. So I placed a pre-order on amazon. Don't have to pay VAT when buying at amazon so that's the only cheap way to get it shipped to Europe.