Polley embarrassed by Avonlea

Discuss the latest Avonlea actor, actress, and crew related news.
sweetheart
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by sweetheart » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:55 pm

yes it sure is

sweetness
Bright Station Arrival

Post by sweetness » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 am

How can she hate such a good show :?:

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm

One person's favourite show is another person's piece of crap...and vice versa.

Not everyone is going to like this show, or does like it. I think there are Anne fans out there who don't like RTA for whatever reason.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

sweetness
Bright Station Arrival

Post by sweetness » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:53 am

YUP,YOU ARE RIGHT :D

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:24 am

Here's another contradiction:

Sarah thinks the show is horrible and is embarrased by it, and yet she initially agreed to go to the Road to Avonlea reunion at ROM?

Does that make sense to anyone?

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:39 am

No that doesn't make sense at all,especially when you have to face the fans!
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:29 am

Personally, I think that Sarah was having a case of peer presure. I guess she couldn't get it through her mind that no one thought she was a giek or anything for being such a great character. Unless there is more to the story that we know. Maybe she had trouble with friends thinking she was weird. I guess we'll never really know. But I think she probably agreed to do the reunion because of her loyalty to her fellow actors and maybe even her concience. I mean, who would want to get on the wrong side of Mag Ruffman? :wink:

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:50 am

That's true,avonlea!I think your right we will propably never know the real reason..
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:23 pm

AvonLea wrote:But I think she probably agreed to do the reunion because of her loyalty to her fellow actors and maybe even her concience. I mean, who would want to get on the wrong side of Mag Ruffman? :wink:
AFAIK, she's not had a single problem with her castmates. Her biggest beefs, to me, have seemed to be with the storylines only.

And in any case, if she did show up to the ROM (or even to an AvCon, for that matter), I'd expect Sarah to do no more or no less than tell the truth about what she thought of the series.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Shinnen
Wearing Blue Satin Slippers

Post by Shinnen » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:27 am

I think it's alright for her to share her opinion about not liking the show, but I think there are ways at the same time to be respectful about it.
Hopefully she just went to the reunion to be polite and make her fans feel happy that they would get to see her. It would be disappointing to go to something like that, to find out that your favorite character isn't there. :)
O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee; I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain, that morn shall tearless be. ~George Matheson

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:10 pm

You know, I wonder if anyone has ever organized something where a bunch of Avonlea fans write a letter to a star (in this case Sarah) and tell them how much they like the show. I mean, have you ever wondered if any of these people even realize how many fans they have out there? We have seen and heard of individuals expressing their admiration, but do you think that any of the actors have ever received a letter or e-mail with 60-100 (or more!) signatures and "thank you's" from Avonlea fans? I know that I would be touched. But, then again, Sarah is a different person. I wouldn't going around bashing the show Avonlea...I would be so happy to be Sara Stanley or any character for that matter!

Haystacks
King Farm Hired Hand

Post by Haystacks » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Forcing a kid to work when they want to be a kid is wrong-- but the blame can be laid at her guardian's feet not the shows. It is ridiculous to sell your kid for 7 years of it's life--

I love RTA but I can understand why one would not want to forced to be tied to a decision she herself could not make. But that is something to take up with your therapist and parents, really.

Brent
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Brent » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:06 am

Polley isn't the first "child" actress to repudiate her time in TV--nor will she be the last. For some reason she (they) think they won't outgrow the "silly" role. Some do (she has) Some don't. (Look at Jerry Mathers).
Personally, I'll bet that exposure paved the way for her further acting roles. Too bad she dosen't realize that...

Jess
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Jess » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:03 pm

If you only knew the things I want to say but don't you'd give me some credit.

5AvonleaGirls
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by 5AvonleaGirls » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:43 am

In my personal opinion, I would have loved to grow up doing RTA!! It would have been amazing I think.

~5AvonleaGirls~