Pit Pony

Discuss the latest Avonlea actor, actress, and crew related news.
Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Pit Pony

Post by Gwendolene » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:28 pm

Has anyone here seen the TV series Pit Pony? I ordered it from Netflix after seeing that it was written and produced by RTA writer Heather Conkie. The acting and editing can be enough to make you cringe, on occasion, but it grows on you. Its kind of nice when you're in the mood for something RTAish but want to see something new.

Some of the lines and storylines are definately deja vu! At the begining last episode I watched my mum said, "This is the Izzy wants a dress episode." and sure enough, she was right.
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:16 pm

Haven't seen it. Do you basically think it is worth checking out? And what time period is it?

Roo18
Harvest Ball Costume Winner

Post by Roo18 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:17 pm

I have seen a couple of episodes of Pit Pony....It is a good show...If I remember correctly it is about a mining town and a family. I believe that a boy has a horse that works in the coal mine.
"Let's go get some ice cream, before Felix eats it all" - Felicity King
"Such dreams Felix. Where do they go?" - Felicity King

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:43 pm

AvonLea wrote:Haven't seen it. Do you basically think it is worth checking out? And what time period is it?
Its set in 1904, I believe. And yes, aside from the aforementioned quibbles I would recommend it.

It is interesting to note that almost every episode of Pit Pony deals with social issues, while one of the main problems that Sarah Polley had with RTA is that aside from Aunt Janet Rebels, it did not.

You may want to rent the movie first, since the series seems to be a continuation of that. (I haven't seen it yet, but I wish I'd started with it, since it took me a little while to figure out some of what was going on.)
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:37 am

I'll have to see Pit Pony, especially since it's written by Heather Conkie. Thanks for letting us know Gwendolene. :)