Anne 4...coming eventually

Discuss the latest Avonlea actor, actress, and crew related news.
Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 am

Haystacks wrote:Like seing a modern sequel to Pride and Prejudice-- if the Author is no longer alive to protest, it is taking advantage of someone else's creation.
I did see a book version of that in a bookstore not too long ago. I promptly went in the other direction ;)
Last edited by Gwendolene on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:36 am

Well, there's now an airdate for Anne 4 in Canada: December 14 at 7 pm (presumed Eastern and Atlantic Time) on CTV.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Wild Roses
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Wild Roses » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:48 pm

So...did anyone on here bother watching Anne 4?

On the Ingleside and Sullivan forums, it got negative reviews, but there were also a few snarky bits too.

I'm hoping PBS picks it up if only so I can see the bits that everybody snarked about. (Namely Anne and another dory incident.)

I wonder what Sullivan makes of the fanbase blasé yawn reception. The way he talked about it, he expected us all to gasping in excitement. But his own officially run forum shows that basically nobody cared or watched. That on top of negative reviews from the press as well. No wonder he's kept a low profile since November!
"We couldn't buy the logic that Jesus was the only way. That meant the Buddhists and Hindus who had never even heard of Christ Almighty were doomed to hell, while Ku Klux Klan members were not." From THE HUNDRED SECRET SENSES by Amy Tan.