Gema Zamprogna ?

Discuss the latest Avonlea actor, actress, and crew related news.
belgrade-boy
King Farm Hired Hand

Gema Zamprogna ?

Post by belgrade-boy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 am

Since Felicity has been my favorite RTA character, Im interested about Gema. What does she do now? Haven't seen mouch of her work. Is she married ? I think I found somewhere that she is and she also has kids, but I didn't find much information about Zamprogna on internet, nor her pics.
If somebody knows anything, I'd like to hear :)
And if there are some newer photos of her :)

hannikan
Won Cameron Music Competition

Re: Gema Zamprogna ?

Post by hannikan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:51 pm

I always want more info on Gema, too. There's not a ton of stuff out there. This is a good place for photos of more recent things she's been in and articles where she was interviewed. Some are from when she was working on RTA.

Gema's Corner, http://gemazam.tripod.com/

It seems she hasn't been working as intensely in the last 5 years or so because she has a family. She is married and has two children, one is 3, the other is 6. In fact, I think, there is a link to some of her 2001 wedding photos in that site. In addition to acting in film, TV and on stage she has done a lot of choreography work, taught dance and acting as well as managing her family's dance studio. I'm not sure if she still the last one or not.
ImageImageImageImage

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:36 pm

The dance studio (Studio Technique) was self-run, I believe; it wasn't connected to her family at all. (Methinks it's no more. I went to its website...nada.) It was in Burlington (just outside her hometown of Hamilton), and she taught acting and Pilates.

Gema's father is (was?) involved with Theatre Aquarius, and she's taught dance and acting there on occasion. She's also a founding member of Theatrefront.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Ah thanks for clarifying that, Shelly. I was confused about the dance studios she worked at.
ImageImageImageImage

janbo
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by janbo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 am

Searching for Gema's latest works, I found out she had a 'guest star' role in series "Murdoch Mysteries" 2 years ago...
She appears only for few minutes but anyway, .. I was so happy to see her now, to se how she looks 12 years after the end of RTA...
Must say she looks older but still is very beautifull to me :)

She appears in 5:30 in the video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4sUNT8a48E

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks for sharing that clip. She kind of looked like an older Felicity in that scene given the era it was in.
ImageImageImageImage

felicity18
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by felicity18 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

I remember seeing Gema in Murdoch Mysteries. The episode that she was in was from season 1 of the show. I'm a fan of Murdoch Mysteries and I've seen the episode in question several times. BTW Lally Cadeau was in season 3 of Murdoch Mysteries, she played a psychic and she was really good too.

felicity18
"Courage Gus Pike. Take your strength from those who love you. We'll survive all this. I promise you." Hetty King to Gus Pike

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Do you know which episode Lally was in, felicity18? I wonder if it's on You Tube, too.
ImageImageImageImage

HistoryMiner
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by HistoryMiner » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks for the clip. She looks very pretty. Her voice seemed a bit different, though. I don't think I would have immediately recognized her.

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 pm

hannikan wrote:Thanks for sharing that clip. She kind of looked like an older Felicity in that scene given the era it was in.
She did!

It was good to see her in something again. :)
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

felicity18
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by felicity18 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:55 am

The name of the episode of Murdoch Mysteries that Lally Cadeau guest stared in was called Blood and Circuses (episode 7 season 3). The video is available on Youtube.

felicity18
"Courage Gus Pike. Take your strength from those who love you. We'll survive all this. I promise you." Hetty King to Gus Pike

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks felicity18, I'll check that out. I agree it was nice to see Gema in something again.
ImageImageImageImage

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:27 pm

That was fun to see Lally as a fortune teller. That is an entertaining show.
ImageImageImageImage

GreenTree
Pat's Meow

Post by GreenTree » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:33 pm

A while ago I read an article about her father Lou Zamprogna (unfortunately I can't find the article) and it stated that Gema had retired from acting in order to be with her family. Maybe in the future when her kids are older she may return to acting.

hannikan

Post by hannikan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 am

GreenTree wrote:A while ago I read an article about her father Lou Zamprogna (unfortunately I can't find the article) and it stated that Gema had retired from acting in order to be with her family. Maybe in the future when her kids are older she may return to acting.
I figured this was the reason for her gap in work. But she doesn't seem to have completely retired because aside from a 4 year break from 2004-2008, she has about one credit per year on imdb. She had her first child in 2004.
ImageImageImageImage