If you could meet one RTA cast member...

Discuss the latest Avonlea actor, actress, and crew related news.
Felicity Pike
Bright Station Arrival

If you could meet one RTA cast member...

Post by Felicity Pike » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:11 pm

If you could meet one actor or actress (alive or dead) from RTA who would it be? I would definitely meet Gema Zamprogna!!

Valancy
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by Valancy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:25 pm

I would love to meet Mag Ruffman. Olivia Dale was such a lovable, sweet positive character in the RTA series and I'm sure that that reflected a lot of the personality of Mag Ruffman. On the DVD extras she seemed like such a fun person and I'm always up for laugh. I have never seen her in anything other than RTA though.

Of course, I would never say no to meeting Michael Mahonen!! :D I read somewhere that he was at an RTA convention of some sorts. Does anyone know when and where these are held? Sounds like a great excuse for a holiday!
LM Montgomery fan

vijay
Found work at the Cannery

Post by vijay » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:27 pm

Haha,

If I could be an RTA character, I would love to be Felix..

but i think the character that best describes me..would be Booth Elliott actually...he was a music-groovin free spirit who wasn't afraid to express his freedom through music, and he had amazingly cool parents! (never really saw anything wrong with his hair)

or i'd like to be the "wizard of avonlea" instead of the witch..i really like peg bowen's character..and her way of life. I also would like to "do my praying amidst the trees and the creatures of the forest"

In another point of view..I can relate a lot of RTA characters to members of my own family.. Aunt Hetty's stern almost bossy but loving nature reminds me much of my own grandmother.
Olivia's excitability and affection for her neice...drew a comparison to my own aunt as well.
"Don't be a slave to conventional thinking..you are responsible for your own serenity"

-Janet King

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:37 am

Lally Cadeau. She might be willing to talk openly about a lot of the things that happened behind the scenes (ie, why certain creative decisions were made).

Felicity Pike
Bright Station Arrival

Post by Felicity Pike » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:47 am

I think a good place to find out about the Avonlea Convention would be at http://avonleaconvention.org I'm not sure if it lists the information about the one in 2006 yet, but it does have some info about the 2005 and 2004 AvCons. If you want to look at pictures from the 2005 AvCon, just click on this link: http://www.avonlea.hu/fans/avcon/avcon2005/

I hope this helps!! I'm new here, so I'm just starting to get the hang of things.

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by Gwendolene » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:19 am

Actually, I think the next AvCon is scheduled for 2007.

(I was on the committee for 2004 and part of 2005, but had to drop out do to scheduling conflicts.)
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

ol' gus
Planted Magic Seeds

Post by ol' gus » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:05 am

it would be mahonen- top choice
if it couldnt be- then tompson-
gus and jasper are my two favorites-
gus- would teach him to fake better- ugh!
jasper- wwwwwould lllike to be abble to see hhow he was able to sssspeak like he did-

Catspaw
Boarding at Biggins'

Post by Catspaw » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:09 pm

It would be cool to meet Michael Mahonen! :D I think a lot of girls would agree with that one. ;) However, it would also be interesting to meet severeal other actors, like Mag Ruffman. I think another member mentioned how fun and likeable she seems!

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:21 pm

Gwendolene wrote:Actually, I think the next AvCon is scheduled for 2007.
Yep. The next one's in 2007. We're taking a year off.

Anyway.

Male ~ Zach Bennett, natch. After almost four years of correspondence and almost meeting in 2004 (I had to back out b/c I was ill), we're really wanting to meet each other in person now. *nod*

I met MM and RH during AvCon that year (2k4). Mickey's a bit on the shy side but still nice. RH is hilarious, a lot of fun, and very intellectual. (Yes, ol' gus, he did the stutter for us.)

Female ~ Mag Ruffman and Sarah Polley (yes, I know her thoughts of the series; but I think it's already been established that it doesn't matter to me).
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

calebsmum
King Farm Hired Hand

Meeting an RTA member

Post by calebsmum » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:32 pm

I would want to meet Gema, especially since she's been so active since the end of RTA.

I think Felicity may have been my favorite character for many reasons, but the main reason would be because she was so strong in her convictions.

When the show started I was about 12, and so was Felicity, so we grew up at the same time. I loved watching her develop into a teenager, (though I missed season three) and I think a large part of my watching the show, was to see where her romance with Gus was heading.

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to me that the way of life, the family unit, etc. everything the show represents, makes you want to live in that time. Felicity had such a wonderful life, really (on the show that era was romanticized) it almost makes you yearn for the 'olden days.'

Oh, and I'm Canadian, and I really appreciate the beauty of the East Coast, though I've never been there, (nor was it taped there in actuality).

Okay, there's my novel. :P
"Look Aunt Hetty-I'm arrested!"
Felix King

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Shelly wrote:
Gwendolene wrote:Actually, I think the next AvCon is scheduled for 2007.
Yep. The next one's in 2007. We're taking a year off.

Anyway.

Male ~ Zach Bennett, natch. After almost four years of correspondence and almost meeting in 2004 (I had to back out b/c I was ill), we're really wanting to meet each other in person now. *nod*

I met MM and RH during AvCon that year (2k4). Mickey's a bit on the shy side but still nice. RH is hilarious, a lot of fun, and very intellectual. (Yes, ol' gus, he did the stutter for us.)

Female ~ Mag Ruffman and Sarah Polley (yes, I know her thoughts of the series; but I think it's already been established that it doesn't matter to me).
Shelly, who is Mickey? That is neat that you met RH! It was 2005 when you said you wanted to meet Bennett...and it's 2007-has it happened? How did you get writing with him?
I think that I would like to meet Mag Ruffman. My real name is Olivia and she has kind of been an inspirational figure to me especially since she is so jolly and all. She is such an awesome character and person!

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:47 pm

Mickey = Michael Mahonen. Mickey is his widely-used nickname. *nods*

Zach and I still have yet to meet in person, unfortunately.

I first wrote to him waay back in December 2001. I sent him a Christmas card with a letter inside, congratulating him on his Genie nomination for desire and wishing him well with his work. I also mentioned my website for him (Forever Zach...FZ, for short) and left my email address, just in case. :) A month later, in January 2002, he sent me an email.

Five years later, we're still corresponding. It's a bit sporadic, of course; but it's been a blast. Most of his messages to me are on FZ.
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

gusfan
Bright Station Arrival

Post by gusfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:41 am

I think I would really like to meet R.H. & Mag...I think I would just turn purple if I met Michael...you're probably not supposed to meet the people you had formative crushes on. If ever I was in the same room with Michael and Jonathan Crombie I would probably have heart failure...and stutter better than jasper before I died!

Though on second thought I would also like to meet Jackie, Lally, Cedric, Gema, and Zach, so I guess I'll have to change my answer to everyone!!
Gus Pike: Give me a sailor, with a heart of gold, who plays the fiddle any day!

AvonLea
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Post by AvonLea » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:54 am

[quote="gusfan"]I think I would really like to meet R.H. & Mag...I think I would just turn purple if I met Michael...you're probably not supposed to meet the people you had formative crushes on. If ever I was in the same room with Michael and Jonathan Crombie I would probably have heart failure...and stutter better than jasper before I died![quote]

That's too funny! I would probably just stare and stare and stare at them and not be able to say a thing. Did Jonathan Crombie die?

hobbie
Saved School Library Funds

Post by hobbie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 pm

I would like to meet Mag Ruffman because she's indeed a jolly person and jackie Burroughs because I admire her as an actress.
I'm suprised that nobody is choosing her?Why?
I will never forget the days of my youth when the waves rippled between my toas....Hetty king