Whatever Happened to Ezekiel Crane?

Discuss the series, characters and episodes.
Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Whatever Happened to Ezekiel Crane?

Post by Timothy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:16 am

Miss Lewis wrote:(what ever happen to him anyways...that storyline was lost somewhere...is there a thread talking about that here somewhere--if not it would be worth a thread discussion)
That seems like an idea who's time has come. Whatever did happen to this guy? Any guesses? :?:

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:26 am

I know! I know! After some research, I've learned what became of Crane...

He was the irish fisherman guy who was eaten at the end of the movie 'Jaws.'

No wonder Gus couldn't find him...

Shelly
Leader of the Suffragette Movement

Post by Shelly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:55 pm

Ha! :shock:

I like to think he was found; but Felicity never thought to pop the other question. Stupid writers. :P
foreverzach.net
"Luck. It had nothing to do with it." ~ Izzy Pettibone

Miss Lewis
Rose Cottage Resident

Post by Miss Lewis » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:19 am

Does anyone know if writers were unable to get the actor for Captain Cane back? or was this just a case of the writers not knowing how to tie up loose ends?

I always though that Captian Cane as an Adventurous fellow who be out searching for more treasure (never mind that he's already richier then the Queen of England--I do wonder How much Gold he did get.) So I think he be off on some island looking for treasure...maybe had a run in with Abe again (Abe didn't die in the seires did he?--I may have forgottnen).

Won't it have been great if Captian Cane, (who may been Gus's real father) could have been at the wedding? I think they could made a great season ending with Feliity finding Gus and Captian Cane on an unknow isalnd (they got lost and their ship got wrecked) and saved them. This would explain why Gus hadn't come back and would have tied up the Captain Cane story.

Does anyone know why the writer (or whoever made the choice) didn't finsh the Captian Cane storyline?

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:27 pm

Miss Lewis wrote:Does anyone know why the writer (or whoever made the choice) didn't finsh the Captian Cane storyline?
It's likely that Michael York's busy acting schedule conflicted or would have conflicted with a reappearance. As far as what happened to Ezekiel Crane, Sullivan's 2000 Yahoo Chat revealed insight into where the producers intended to go with the character. Jan asked Kevin Sullivan what happened to Ezekiel Crane. KS said that Crane was probably killed and there was no intention to develop the character any further on screen. However, we know from the 6th season episode 'Homecoming' that Ezekiel Crane was alive (at least up to this point) because he sent a message to Felicity to inform her that Gus had drown.

Ay, looks like ye ol' Sea Ghost escaped death once more!

I think they didn't complete the story because 'The Return of Gus Pike' complicated, and possibly damaged the story beyond repair.

Gwendolene
Won Avonlea Spelling B

Re: Whatever Happened to Ezekiel Crane?

Post by Gwendolene » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:37 am

Timothy wrote: That seems like an idea who's time has come. Whatever did happen to this guy? Any guesses? :?:
I know! After discovering Eliza [Doolittle] Pike was a dingbat, he ditched her in Jamaca and sailed on to Yale where he hooked up with Paris on The Gilmore Girls (and a number of other wise, wilfull, wonderful women to be sure).
Last edited by Gwendolene on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of Muriel Stacy's Motorcar

Timothy
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by Timothy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:44 pm

:lol:

I'm sure Ezekiel also wanted to escape the perilous taxes that would be collected from his treasure, although this isn't as compelling.